Guide to retrofit footwell lights front/rear

Hi i just got a kit on ebay oem door waring lights and footwell light kit ,it comes with leads with conectors but no instructions where to conect in doors ,iv got an avant on a 63 plate black edition, also i see a lot of people talking about vds and bytes etc to enable things to work ,how do i get this done ,any help would be great .

I was supplied by the site sponser a kit to connect the front and rears together and just use pin 17. I too could not activate the rears via vcds

I know this is old now but i have the same wiring loom, front and rears together (in a series i think), one power and one ground for the lot.

Which pin did you connect the power to, in order for both front and rears to function?

Thanks bud

Ive bought a kit off robin a3. Followed the exact instructions. I ticked front footwells on vcds. But there still not working

Ive got a audi 2008 a4 b8. Ive checked the wiring and put the ground on a metal nut. Ive also activated front footwell lights on vcds. However cannot find anything on the radio module on vcds. Can someone please help me.

I recently fitted both front and rear footwell lights from robinA3. All installed correctly using the guide and working perfectly. Just make sure you wired them into the correct pins. Front and rear are wired into separate connectors. I Used carista to activate them.

Sent from my SM-G900F using Tapatalk

I got the oem lights , fitted the front ones and plugged into pin 17 on the grey connector, used obdeleven to code them in, still not working... any suggestions?

I got the oem lights , fitted the front ones and plugged into pin 17 on the grey connector, used obdeleven to code them in, still not working... any suggestions?
did you check if they are activated in the green menu?

Sent from my SM-G965F using Tapatalk

Hi guys can I just jump in here.
Anyone know how you can keep the footwell lights on while you're driving?
RS4 B7 thanks.

Sent from my SGP621 using Tapatalk

Hi guys can I just jump in here.
Anyone know how you can keep the footwell lights on while you're driving?
RS4 B7 thanks.

I don' think there is a function for this, the only way to do it is to wire them to an ignition live but something that I wouldn't recommend as the wiring might not be rated for continuous usage.

Reactions: gray99y
I don' think there is a function for this, the only way to do it is to wire them to an ignition live but something that I wouldn't recommend as the wiring might not be rated for continuous usage.
Oh yes I didn't of it effecting other things cos of it being on alot, thanks

A bit late to the party here.. but I got the Red LED lights from Robin last week and fitted them, they worked perfectly.

For anyone like me, that has a different glove box to John ( great guide and very thorough ):

I have the Audi Multimedia box in the top shelf -

You will need to remove the unit using 2x radio keys ( push into the slots, pry inwards and pull out )
Then remove the final hidden bolt on the roof of the compartment where you just removed the AMI unit

It took me way to long to figure this out myself and just a heads up in-case anyone is still doing these conversions.

Reactions: rabhrab
Sorry to dig up an old topic but have just installed my front and rear footwell lights.
Front and rear wired up to the 2 different plugs.
Fronts work perfectly but can't get the rears to work. Say it's a coding issue.
My car is a 2011 pre facelift. Has factory nav, 2 sd card slots and disk slot under the center vent and controls around the gear stick with joystick on top of the main button so I think it's 3g?
I have vcds. When I go to 56 radio and 07 coding and then click long coding it says no information available for this ecu. When I click ok it let's me in to long coding. I then go to byte 8 and tick bit 7. X out. Click do it. Click no for vcds to try the new values but I keep getting coding rejected. Error 31 request out of range.

Any ideas what I need to do?

Hi Sean,

Are your rear foot well lights connected to the black connector (T17L - pin slot 14 ) ?
I think the VCDS coding only works for the MMI basic. Perhaps try the hidden green menu if you have the 3g.
No guarantee's with the above,but just thought I'd try give some info that might be of help.

CT

Yup rears are connected to the black plug. In the green menu the only option I see is footwell lights. Nothing for fronts or rears unless I'm missing something stupid.

Yup rears are connected to the black plug. In the green menu the only option I see is footwell lights. Nothing for fronts or rears unless I'm missing something stupid.
Hi Sean - not really sure to be honest! How’s your ground for the rear lights? Could also be an idea to try the lights out on some external power source to test the connections.

Same ground as the fronts. When I power the wire for rears off the big wire coming to the fuse box they light up perfectly.
Double checked the wire in the plug and it seems ok and in the right pin so I'm lost. Will probably end up joining them in with the fronts

I have factory fitted footwell lighting in my 2011 Avant, they come on when I open the doors and I can also control the lighting level via mmi when the doors are closed, I'll check my coding and post a screen shot

Reactions: Seantdi
hello!

i need some help about the footwell light for my car, audi a4 b8.5:

i swap my classic factory seats with the s line model, both are heated and electric lumbar, unless the new ones, s-line model doesn't have the footwell light like factory seats, my question is:

how do i need to proceed to install in the new ones the footwell light? because no one explain that, only retrofit, i think in my case is no need a retrofit, because i have the connection/harness installed in my car.... i need some how to connect the footwell lights to my car... in the red socket which allready have the lumbar wires, correct?

or if it possible to install the footwell lights from the factory seats on the new ones, s-line model? is simple to remove them? what supposed, what i need to do for that?

thank you!

No, you will require the wiring from the control module to the actual lights. Just swapping the seats won't give you footwell lights even if the seats did have or do have footwell lights.

You need the harnesses.

hello!

thank you for response!

i manged to remove the with harness without cut anything, it's very simple, you need to follow the 2 wires which start from the lamp, they goes in the red socket where are also the wires for lumbar, i remove the wires nice and easy from the socket together with terminals...

Removing it from the connector under the seat is easy, you need the wiring from the control module under the dashboard as well.

Nop because i have allready this feature installed in my car from factory, i swap my seats, standard seats from factory, with another seats, s line seats, which didn't have it... i explain in the first post

Hi... My car is A4 B8 2011.. I was retrofitting footwell lights but realised that they sent me wrong pin.. I need another one.. For that reason I pinned out one cable and then forgot where it belongs... Do you know which pin this violet cable should be in
?... I'm not sure but if it's not in slot 16 my dash give me an error with lights (xenon is on with drls despite of switch is on 0)..so I let it in the slot 16 but I'm not sure if it's belong there.. BTW do you know which pin I need to buy? Those I have is too big for the number 17 plug.. Thx for advice.

Attachments

• IMG_20220702_155944.jpg
    IMG_20220702_155944.jpg
    3 MB · Views: 83
  • IMG_20220702_160018.jpg
    IMG_20220702_160018.jpg
    2.4 MB · Views: 59
  • IMG_20220702_074856.jpg
    IMG_20220702_074856.jpg
    2.7 MB · Views: 64
It seems the pins are OK.. But can anyone tell me which pin fit to the t32a.. I'm confused which will fit.. I bought a set from aliexpress but the pin is too big.. It should be pin with violet cable that is correct

Attachments

• IMG_20220702_073354.jpg
    IMG_20220702_073354.jpg
    2.9 MB · Views: 60
  • IMG_20220702_073357_1.jpg
    IMG_20220702_073357_1.jpg
    2.8 MB · Views: 65
  • IMG_20220702_073407.jpg
    IMG_20220702_073407.jpg
    2.9 MB · Views: 56
  • IMG_20220702_074851.jpg
    IMG_20220702_074851.jpg