Gutted Gutted

Benash20

Reaction score
well I have just been out for a nice drive and in the process I have turned left over a high kerb and damaged the N/S/R wheel gutted is an understatement never kerbed a wheel before.

Ouch. Hope it's not too bad and you get it sorted ASAP.

When I pull it out of the garage in the morning and clean it that wheel will pain me.

Not bad going , it's inevitable .

Consciously dodging kerbs everyday is taxing .

500 mile on the clock as well wheel off on Monday and will send for diamond cut refurb.

Not bad going , it's inevitable .
I've caught two in 27 years! One after a long night shift, I was doing someone a favour by dropping them off, as I moved back the high kerb curved around onto my nsr, I only noticed this in my mirror just as I touched it :( The other just appeared, no idea where or how I caught it....both were under 10mm long...so not too bad ;)

I was gutted the first time I guttered by wheel. Same thing happened to me when I was turning out of a parking lot while trying to avoid a huge pot hole opposite the curb. Then bang, up and down.

I've just slightly marked my nearside rear when parallel parking upto a vicious sharply cut granite kerb - they should be made illegal!
But the second time was the most upsetting - it was in exactly the same place as the first and I thought I was being extra careful!!!

I've caught two in 27 years! One after a long night shift, I was doing someone a favour by dropping them off, as I moved back the high kerb curved around onto my nsr, I only noticed this in my mirror just as I touched it :( The other just appeared, no idea where or how I caught it....both were under 10mm long...so not too bad ;)
Once in 12 years and it was the day of handing over my old A3 to my brother. Rocked up on a main street to visit a letter box and the curb was about 12 inches high. crunch!

500 mile on the clock as well wheel off on Monday and will send for diamond cut refurb.

This is why I specced the 10 spoke silver wheels, I had the diamond cut ones on my other S3 and even though I didn't damage them, I know my mrs loves to hug curbs so I opted for the option wheels. Although they are currently tucked away until next month!

Hope you get it sorted ok, who are you using for the diamond cut repair if you don't mind?

First car I've owned that I've curbed, in six years driving. Had a couple thousand on the clock when it happened, near side rear, no excuses, was a blatant high curb I missed! Since then, now 19k in all four have some level of damage. Two are quite bad, other two very minor. Was going to get it done, but have plans for the car which will involve new 19's at some point so will probably leave it, as much as I hate looking at them!

Twice in 26 years driving. Both times on my Insignia two cars ago. 20 inch wheels on very low profile tyres and very little side wall protection.
The sound of them hitting just makes you want to cry. I feel your pain buddy. Hope you get it back to new. Diamond cuts are a pain in the backside to fix.

Hope you get it sorted ok, who are you using for the diamond cut repair if you don't mind?

First car I've owned that I've curbed, in six years driving. Had a couple thousand on the clock when it happened, near side rear, no excuses, was a blatant high curb I missed! Since then, now 19k in all four have some level of damage. Two are quite bad, other two very minor. Was going to get it done, but have plans for the car which will involve new 19's at some point so will probably leave it, as much as I hate looking at them!
Hi mate I was going to send the wheel to pristine wheels in Milton Keynes.

Reactions: Wondering Soul
I did it about 3 years ago on my BMW when it was about 2 weeks old. Pulled into a parking space at Tesco express and just ran too close to the kerb. The car was bigger than my previous focus and It caught me out.

Since then my wife has mangled every corner, I've not bothered to do anything with them as I hate the car and it's a lease vehicle!

On my new S3 (when i eventually get it) I'm going to install alloy gators, I appreciate they may not be to everyone's taste, but they are going to save my alloys. That and the fact I've told her that kerbs aren't designed to slow the car down, that's the brake pedal.

Reactions: batch
I was in a narrow street a few years back in a new Astra GTC with 19" alloys, a woman came the other way in an oldish car, the only way we could pass was if one of us bumped up the kerb...no way it was going to be me lol :D Needles to say she gave me a right mouthful as she passed lmao :D

I was in a narrow street a few years back in a new Astra GTC with 19" alloys, a woman came the other way in an oldish car, the only way we could pass was if one of us bumped up the kerb...no way it was going to be me lol :D Needles to say she gave me a right mouthful as she passed lmao :D

I don't blame you, I always hold my ground, give myself a few inches and if another car/van wants to squeeze past and hits me when I am stationary then it's their fault.

Had several instances of "the look" yesterday evening on a 2 hour/ 10mile crawl through hoddesdon/broxbourne after they closed the A10 during rush hour.