Gutted - Jealous chavs spoil my pride'n'joy

mikes3

Reaction score
Took the car out of the garage yesterday afternoon for a wash and wax. Spent 3 hours polishing and cleaning, and I was made up with the job I had done.

Anyway, come 3 o'clock, I went inside to watch the first half of the football. Left the car out the back, and came out 45 mins later to find someone had walked down the drivers side with a key. A nice big scratch from the petrol cap to the middle of the drivers door.

Paint colour is ming blue, but luckily the scratch isnt down to the metal. Well, I say luckily .... I phoned a reputable scratch repair centre near me, and he told me over the phone I wouldn't expect much change from £500. Told me it had to go down to the metal and be completely re-sprayed.

Gutted to say the least. Any ideas ?

Mate that is sickening. I hope we dont loose to Germany on Sunday or people will be out to vandalise any german cars!

I've had a quote for one side of my car to be resprayed and it was in the region of £500. sorry

I was saving some pennies to buy some new BBS wheels .... looks like my money will be going elsewhere. Cheers bud.

Theres some right w*nkers in the world, sorry to hear about the car mate.

Mate that is sickening. I hope we dont loose to Germany on Sunday or people will be out to vandalise any german cars!

I've had a quote for one side of my car to be resprayed and it was in the region of £500. sorry

Theres some right w*nkers in the world, sorry to hear about the car mate.

Totally agree, sorry to hear mate.

Unfortunately, England can not beat ze Germans

Last edited:
i just cant understand why someone would do this unless you have a vendetta with them. they have to be complete brainless scum

I generally keep myself to myself where I live, its about 6 miles from where I grew up but its handy for work. Don't frequent the local pubs, just work, play with the car and spend time with the missus. No vendetta or arguement with anyone, just pure jealousy. I wonder if he/she actually felt any kind of remorse straight after doing it - but more than likely they don't feel anything at all - no feeling - these people are just a waste of oxygen. Anyway, I will feel good saving some money up and seeing it put right, at least I can get that satisfaction.

Might be worth sending JD09 a pm to see if theres anything he can do with it? might be able to at least tidy id up for you? Hes a detailer and hes from Chester so might be able to help mate

Had this happen to me once, just reading this makes me soo angry! B@st@rds

Last edited by a moderator:
it is very possible it can be touched up and polished back in to maybe make her 85%, that would prob cost less than £500 for a respray

Wouldn't you of loved to have caught them doing it? LOL.

Reminds me of that bit in Pulp Fiction.....

I feel your pain, had it happen to me. :(

Is that the bit where Marcellus Wallace is getting done by a redneck while the gimp watches on???

Id set a frigging gimp loose on anyone that scratched my car. You have been warned :box:

Noooooo. The bit where he is buying the Heroin from that bloke and is talking about how someone keyed his Malibu. Referring to them as a 'dickless piece of sh*t'.

Noooooo. The bit where he is buying the Heroin from that bloke and is talking about how someone keyed his Malibu. Referring to them as a 'dickless piece of sh*t'.

I know mate I was just messing :rolleyes:

I love that film, full of classic quotes. "You mind if I have some of your tasty beverage to wash this down?"

Anyway back on subject. A guy from my work had his brand new Leon FR scratched twice the whole length of the car and he now has a few cameras inside which record all day incase it happens again then he can kill the person who does it.

"you just dont f**k with a man's truck" etc

disgusting animals though. makes me wanna puke

Thanks for your words of support.

Sure Im angry at whoever did this, but don't want any kind of revenge. What goes around comes around, so I'm sure justice will be served at some point in time. I'll be a lot happier if the Italians don't get through to the last 16 :)

Thanks for your words of support.

Sure Im angry at whoever did this, but don't want any kind of revenge. What goes around comes around, so I'm sure justice will be served at some point in time. I'll be a lot happier if the Italians don't get through to the last 16 :)

Haha Italy looking dangerous last five mins

Haha 3-1 all over! Is that a smile on your face Mike!

Yep you should be happy now, thank god for the offside too!

real sorry to hear about that mike, really does suck. My black baby is COVERED roof to tyre with scratches coz of the kids non stop playing football here, cant even show my frustration as there just idiots and my car will be destroyd one night :(

Im only chuffed about Italy going out as I have Slovakia in the sweep :)
I was more chuffed to see France self destructing.

Anyway, I just bought myself some detailing products off ebay, so retail therapy helps. I will try to mask the scratch as much as I can until I can afford to get it resprayed. i want my bonnet done too so will get both done at same time. Gone for some menzerna polish and some supernatural wax - lets see if I can get the car looking great (one side of it at least :))

Had this happen to me once, just reading this makes me soo angry! B@st@rds
Last edited by jojo; 1 Hour Ago at 15:40. Reason: Some self editing would be appreciated!

Sorry my bad. Thought a script did that automatically. I'll remember for next time!

I can't imagine what goes through their heads when they key a nice car, if I see a nice car I might get a little bit jealous but I would never dream of keying it. Just admire for a few moments and walk on.

Hope the touch-up and polishing works out for you though!

Sorry my bad. Thought a script did that automatically. I'll remember for next time!

No worries, the admin tried to use the anti-swear function for ASN, but it slowed the site down to dog ****, so was switched off very soon afterwoods!

Now back on topic. :icon_thumright:

Oh I really feel for you. Why oh why do they do it??? Chester too, im close to there. We always worry when the fairs in town!

As said above, PM James (JD09) hes from Wilmslow but a great guy who may well have something to get it near good again. Hope you get it sorted!

what nobbers. Ah well no doubt when they got home there daddys probably sexually abused them, just be comforted by that fact.

as regards to repair i had some bits done on my car a month ago, and the guy said the paint (ming blue also) was really easy to blend in. I think you could get it done cheaper than 500, as its only a respray of door and rear quarter. I got my whole side of car, front bumper, bonnet and other wing plus filling of a couple smallish dents and alot of nasty stone chips done for £700. Have a shop about, concentrating on smaller local bodyshops who people recommend like I did.

Sorry to hear this mate, hope you get it sorted, hate to hear stories like this!!!

some hard machine polish and a coat of clear coat should get rid of it if it is not too deep

Iv sent JD09 a pm, see what he suggests. Id like to have a go at masking it as best I can for now until funds allow a respray of whole drivers side and bonnet. Thanks again for all your kind (or not so kind) words.

Sorry to hear mike!! Just keep an eye out on anybody or anychav that looks at your car funnily and just question them. Once some guys had a fight near my car, dented my door in slightly. I didnt see this, my neighbour told me ans when i seen my door it was kind of dented in! Its just a **** take! Hunt around and see the best quote, but dont settle for the cheapest as its most likely the worst job. Look for a clean garage, well mannered sprayers and im sure your s3 will gleammm again!!!

Sorry for you...But I would bet its a "Kid"......in 20 years we have had.....Fuel line cut, door wrenched off, car stolen, garage broken into and steering wheel ripped off, rear spoiler ripped off, wing mirror ripped off. All this covers 6 cars we have owned that were damaged. Deep Breath Count To 10.

Sorry for you...But I would bet its a "Kid"......in 20 years we have had.....Fuel line cut, door wrenched off, car stolen, garage broken into and steering wheel ripped off, rear spoiler ripped off, wing mirror ripped off. All this covers 6 cars we have owned that were damaged. Deep Breath Count To 10.

unreal - I though about wiring 440 volts to the car body somewhere, so the next time they key it they will be in for a nice surprise.

Madness, but I'd like to know more about 'steering wheel ripped off', how the hell?