Gutted

j0nny2013

Reaction score
So with all the bad wind up north it's causing havoc!

Driving along the motorway today next minute the corner of my eye sees a cone flying towards my car and bang.

I didn't want to get out and look. Got home to find this...

Devistated to say the least! After detailing my car to avoid swirls and parking miles away to avoid car dents etc this happens.

Attachments

• image.jpeg
    image.jpeg
    846.3 KB · Views: 421
Awe mate that's crap news...and even worse....its on a feature line.....new door skin/full side respray...god damn awful weather

Reactions: j0nny2013 and Simon L
It won't need a new door skin, I've had worse than that pulled out and repaired completely invisibly. Door respray though.

Reactions: j0nny2013
It won't need a new door skin, I've had worse than that pulled out and repaired completely invisibly. Door respray though.
It will need a side respray because of the Sepang Pearl paint....l know, l have had 6 qoute's....to remedy my small dent below the door mirror...feature line is the strongest part of the door near impossible to pull out

Sorry to here about your motor . How much will that cost you........just when your getting into the festive spirit ....

That is pretty sickening, especially such a random incident.

Hope you get it sorted.

I know! Just when I was getting in the mood for Christmas this happens. Haven't had any quotes yet.

Had a feeling with it being on the feature line it might be a pain to sort.

I was going to treat myself to a tuning box but now looks like have to repair this instead

I know! Just when I was getting in the mood for Christmas this happens. Haven't had any quotes yet.

Had a feeling with it being on the feature line it might be a pain to sort.

I was going to treat myself to a tuning box but now looks like have to repair this instead

Hopefully you can get it sorted before Xmas...but dont get a quote from Audi....total rip off...stick with another reputable body shop..all the best

Whilst driving back from aberdoom I was hit again buy the infamous limp mode syndrome, fortunate for me
The motor way wasn't too busy so I was able to handle it . But it still p////////// me off can't be totally confident that I can safely get to where I want to be , from the place I'm at ,,,,, taking it too the doctor s on Monday hopefully he can resolve my issue. Thanks for. Listening

When you say a cone did the damage, do you mean a common or garden plastic traffic cone? That must have been some wind.

Nooo that sucks man :( I narrowly avoided a thrown/blown away umbrella that was flying down the road!

Gutted for you,hope you insurance can cover it and is not deemed an act of God as could be expensive.

Remember many years ago in a 6 month old new shape Astra front wheel clipping a branch in the road which pinged up and m a mess if the whole front wing, luckily insurance picked that one up

Wow what a ****** :sadlike: .Sorry to see that mate..
good luck on the repairs.Hope it looks spic and span soon.

When you say a cone did the damage, do you mean a common or garden plastic traffic cone? That must have been some wind.

Yeah mate, was a full size cone! Wind is really bad up here, didn't expect it to be that bad but certainly took it flew the air!

Gutted for you,hope you insurance can cover it and is not deemed an act of God as could be expensive.

Remember many years ago in a 6 month old new shape Astra front wheel clipping a branch in the road which pinged up and m a mess if the whole front wing, luckily insurance picked that one up

I'm hoping that they will cover me but knowing my luck probably not!

More empty pockets to come!

I'm hoping that they will cover me but knowing my luck probably not!

More empty pockets to come!

Are you sure it was a traffic cone in the wind and not something hitting you when you was parked up and doing shopping in Tesco !!

Are you sure it was a traffic cone in the wind and not something hitting you when you was parked up and doing shopping in Tesco !!

Haha felt like I was hit by a car the sound it made!!

Who would have thought a cone could do so much damage!

Haha felt like I was hit by a car the sound it made!!

Who would have thought a cone could do so much damage!

The doors are made of a very soft metal indeed lt wouldn't take force at all to damage them

Reactions: Simon L
The doors are made of a very soft metal indeed lt wouldn't take force at all to damage them

Absolutely mate, you can feel them give when you clean them!

Reactions: Jassyo06
Would be interested to see/hear what you did to get this sorted!