gutted!

yellowgti

Whats going to break next??...
VCDS Map User
Reaction score
Website
www.fastcarcentral.co.uk
well got a big problem with the quatty now, missus took the car to work, (not very well) but thinking of the extra money for xmas as you do and on her way out of the carpark, reversed the rear drivers quarter and bottom of the bumper into a post, however this has creased and rippled the quarter and due to being a w-reg i think theres a possibility we may lose the car! what do you guys think?
i think the insurance will value the car at £2500, so cost of remove and replace rear panel as they wont simply "nock it out and filler it", plus labour, plus parts, bumper/paint etc... it will be well over £1700 therefore i reckon they may write it off!

as you can imagine vicki is proper heartbroken! im not too fussed as cars can be replaced! just glad she wasnt hurt

jeep015.jpg

jeep016.jpg

jeep013.jpg

jeep014.jpg

jeep017.jpg

I'd say you may be lucky, that damage looks to be fairly localised, although theres a bit of a crease near the filler cap, it doesn't appear to have transfered the stress along the quarter.

Also, it's in a great position, because with all the inner boot trim and sides removed, you can really easily get it to push the dent. I reckon a really good body shop could push 95% of that, and with a skim of filler you would never know...

I once mananged to fix a mk2 golf that was shortened by 2'' and creased on the quarter by reversing into a truck! We drilled holes in the real panel, ran wires through the holes and round a block of wood inside. Shackled the wires to the towing eye on a Chevvy van, and then drove off!

Crease gone!!! :)

The reason my missus never drives my car!!!,i'm sure a decent panel beater could do something with that,i wouldn't claim and push your insurance up if i didn't need to,besides,you'd never get back what it was worth to you

i'm sure a decent panel beater could do something with that,i wouldn't claim and push your insurance up if i didn't need to,besides,you'd never get back what it was worth to you

I totally agree, youd get this done probably at little more cost than your excess,even if its double,youll pay in the end as they will have your pants round your ankles next year on renewal.
i wouldnt claim (make the missus pay and it wont affect you at all !) lol

yeh i know it could probally be fillered but who wants a quattro full of filler? certainly not us!, oh its her car aswell, she doesnt drive mine! lol

Last time I let a girl drive my car it returned like this, accidents happen though.

Dented_Wing.jpg

I don't know anything about bodywork, but I hope you get it sorted. Perhaps call round some workshops and get quotes outside the insurance company, then forward on the prices.

I had a paintless dent removal guy round mine a little while ago to remove a ****** horrible dent in my passenger door,that had bent under the side impact bar,after an hour of banging,and believe me he wasn't messing,i could hear it in my living room across the road,made me feel sick!!,the dent has gone!!!

try dent wizard , I had a guy to remove a couple of car park dents out of the wifes car. When I got talking to him he said he can work wonders with panels peopl think are ruined.

I wouldn`t claim, even a body shop would probally pull the worst of that out and there would be little filler tbh off the top of my head id say 300 quid

Ant, I would try Dentmasters first just to see if they could straighten it out and worry about the paintjob at a later date, and also, a good paintshop should be able to repair the panel and spray both bumper and rear quarter panel for under £500(Obvioulsy more if going through insurance)

Let looks as though it could be popped up. Might be left with a crease....Maybe then you could get the insurance company involved lol

That can definately be sorted. There would be hardly any filler once they have finished pushing it out. If it was my car i would find a good panel beater, offer cash and see what he says. Someone parked next to my missus micra and dented it from the rear door to the front wing....looked aweful...local body shop got all the dents out and resprayed the whole side of the car. It looks mint now and that cost me £300. Her excess is £400 which is why i didn't even bother with insurance. I know you said you didn't want filler in the car. If it was a brand new car i could understand. Also, you are the only person who knows its there......i wonder how many second hand cars we have bought which have filler in them already? Who's to know

Hey sorry to hear about this mate, hope you get it sorted, and just to echo what the others have said, dont go down the insurance route, unless really necesary, yu owill get thrashed for it later on.

I had a very similar dent/scrape removed from the rear quarter of our B6, missus reversed into our brick gatepost. We paid cash at a really good local bodyshop and it was under £400. Audi bodyshop were a complete joke. They quoted over £1k and on the quote had things like "remove sub woofer" and other such nonsense. This was damage to the passenger side and the sub is on the drivers side! Idiots!

well guys, been take it to kc auto's in winsford (e-sure's) approved repairer and there going do it, said the car is high value and worth doing so also having a complete drivers side re-spray so the key marks will be gone aswell "out of our pocket tho" at least we now look like cid! driving round in a 2 door black 08 reg fiesta! quite a cool nippy car if i say so myself!
should be back good as new next week ;-) vic says wish they would keep it till after xmas, fiesta is well cheap to run!

Had a call yesterday saying the estimated date of completion will be the 19th, cant wait to get her back looking better than ever! however on the down side, tax is due end of this month!

well got her back yesterday until checking her i found a hair in the paint on the front wing, pice of chipped paint over the rear arch, an imprint of a stonechip they must av sprayed straight over on the door and a run and bubble of laquer on the door handle, wish i had taken pics of it as you wouldnt believe!

oh and the fact i expected see her been taken off a truck in the street and actually was stood on the door step having a cigarette and could not believe that i was seeing it being driven upthe street with no truck in sight!

anyway as you can imagine they now have the audi back to "do it properly"

If any of you get a little dent like that in future, try Pentagon in Hatfield. Great guys and really helped me out.

Sorry to hear you had a bad job done, i hope they sort it out 2nd time around.

We had a larger dent than that pulled and repaired and the whole car painted, with all of the panels we replaced sprayed inside and out and ours is only a "y" reg
Still worth the repair IMHO