H&R anti roll bars

willmac

Reaction score
Just wondering if anyone has fitted H&R anti roll bars to an S3 ?
If so how do you find them compared to the standard set up ?
I was thinking of fitting them in conjunction with a coilover kit , possibly Bilstein.

Cheers

Anyone that I have seen had them fitted has had no complaints what so ever and makes the car so much better to drive and near enough irradicates the understeer

I will have them fitted once I gather up a few more pennies!

I've got them on my A3, and combined with the coilovers, AMAZING! Iggu has them on his S3, he loves them, also spin140 as well.

Got these on mine,along with kWv3 shocks.

The understeer and body roll are reduced so much by comparison with the original setup it's quite amazing.

Thanks guys,
What price do you sell for Damian ?

Thinking of getting the coilover kit , H&R bars and my 19" CK's fitted to the S3 prior to collection from Glasgow Audi. Haven't approached them about it yet , but would it void any warranty with the car etc would you think ?
May be better just to get it done at a later date

This is on my 'to do' list too. Couple of questions though.

The H&R's are 24mm front and 26mm rear. What are the standard S3 diameters?. Also, are there any OEM larger diameter ARB's available from other VAG platforms, like the MK5 R32 or maybe even the MK6 R20 ?.

My mistake...KwV3 coilovers and ARBs done!

Brain a bit slow this morning....unlike the car.

Ask spin on here,he had them on his last S3 and might have put them on this one but i think he was chuffed with the change it made to the understeer

I got mine off Damian at DPM - don't waste your time trying to find them cheaper.
They are a fantastic upgrade for track use and on smooth roads you will flow much better too. They do quell the understeer which is inherent within the Quattro set up. But on the downside, assuming you will have the car lowered as well, they do make the ride harsher going over uneven ground (and after the ice has turned our roads to Swiss cheese that is something I'm noticing every day). I would certainly recommend them though.

Iggu,

I'm considering these but am keeping OEM shocks / springs. Do you think that the ARB's are more beneficial than the H&R springs for handling. Should give a decent compromise between reducing understeer and keeping some comfort over our broken roads.

Iggu,

I'm considering these but am keeping OEM shocks / springs. Do you think that the ARB's are more beneficial than the H&R springs for handling. Should give a decent compromise between reducing understeer and keeping some comfort over our broken roads.

Hi mate - couldn't say for sure as I ran mine with springs on first and then added the ARBs. I don't know of anyone who has done it the other way round so you'd be a first as far as I know ! When you add the springs you notice maybe a 15% improvement in cornering but the ARBs contributed a lot more. So I'd guess that the ARBs give a more noticeable gain than the springs, yes.