H&R on Standard shocks or Eibach? S3

keendean

Reaction score
Has anyone run both of the above on their S3? I want the lower look, but I don't want to ruin the ride.
When I have money, I'll go down the B8 route. I'll be sticking with the 18's to keep some comlpiancy.
I'm leaning towards the H&R's, as they are similar in price for me, but if the Eibachs provide a better ride, then I'll go down that route instead.

Has anyone run both of the above on their S3? I want the lower look, but I don't want to ruin the ride.
When I have money, I'll go down the B8 route. I'll be sticking with the 18's to keep some comlpiancy.
I'm leaning towards the H&R's, as they are similar in price for me, but if the Eibachs provide a better ride, then I'll go down that route instead.
Yep, Thanks Damian. I can get the Eibachs (2 springs) for the same price as the 4* H&R's, so is better value to go down that route. I don't want to spoil the ride though, and would like to keep it as OEM looking as possible ;)

I drove for about 10,000 miles with the H&Rs and OEM shocks. I was happy enough with the ride height but the ride quality was not good. Very harsh/bouncy. I have now upgraded to KWV3s and the difference is unbelievable.

All about matching the spring with the shock. The B8s that you have lined up is a great choice also.

For me, I didnt like the idea of the Eibachs because of the front only thing. Just didnt feel right to me to have uprated on front and OEM on the back. Im sure the Eibach wizards worked it all out, but I chose H&R and was happy I did.

But DO remember to upgrade your shocks as well, its unbelievable how little priority people put on this.

And I can very much recommend DPM. They supplied me with my coilovers and are extremely professional.

They had roughly 25,000 miles on them. They are now sitting in my garage and they are still in 100% condition. Which surprised me to be honest.

I drove for about 10,000 miles with the H&Rs and OEM shocks. I was happy enough with the ride height but the ride quality was not good. Very harsh/bouncy. I have now upgraded to KWV3s and the difference is unbelievable.

All about matching the spring with the shock. The B8s that you have lined up is a great choice also.

For me, I didnt like the idea of the Eibachs because of the front only thing. Just didnt feel right to me to have uprated on front and OEM on the back. Im sure the Eibach wizards worked it all out, but I chose H&R and was happy I did.

But DO remember to upgrade your shocks as well, its unbelievable how little priority people put on this.

And I can very much recommend DPM. They supplied me with my coilovers and are extremely professional.

Thanks Trev, that's my mind made up for the H&R's, did you sell your old springs?
yep, will go for the B8's, but I'd like rotors, or an alloy refurb, or an rs3 rear bumper, the list goes on lol ;)

Thanks Trev, that's my mind made up for the H&R's, did you sell your old springs?
yep, will go for the B8's, but I'd like rotors, or an alloy refurb, or an rs3 rear bumper, the list goes on lol ;)

Haha I know mate the list is endless isnt it. I still have loads I want to do. No I didnt actually, I had planned to but they are sitting here in my garage still! I will probably sell them though at some stage. Where abouts are you located? Im in N.Ireland you see.