H&R Trak+ Spacers

Scott

Reaction score
Hi all,

I'm running 10mm front and 12mm rear. I've started getting some vibrations through the wheel (and not sure if I'm getting slight vibrations through the car from the rear too). I had the wheels balanced 3-4 times and it's been the same every time, so tonight I decided to remove the spacers, and the vibrations stopped. I still have the rears on but might test without them tomorrow. I've had these spacers fitted since early 2010 without problems, these vibrations recently started.

The spacers look fine. I have cleaned them up and can't notice anything wrong with them so I'm unsure what to do now. Has anyone had a problem with vibrations with H&R's Trak+ (hub centric) spacers?

Cheers,
Scott

Just a thought, is it possible to have the wheels balanced with the spacers fitted? As long as we're careful that the wheel and the spacer stays in the same place then I guess that might work? It would save me some dollar, at least.

yea you need them balanced with the wheels and spacers, either i tiny bit of double sided tap to hold it together or a small mark from a marker so you know how they line up and your sorted

yea you need them balanced with the wheels and spacers, either i tiny bit of double sided tap to hold it together or a small mark from a marker so you know how they line up and your sorted

I had the same problem, as Jungleman said get the wheels balanced with the spacers, I went down the marker route.
I only got the fronts done, do you think it's worth getting the rears done as well Jungleman?

well there is just as much chance that the back can throw the balance off as much as the fronts, but wait to see if there is an issue, if not then i wouldnt bother