H7 headlight bulb upgrade? Reccomendations please?

Mikey

Reaction score
Im looking at upgrading my god awful H7 bulbs. I really need something brigther than what I have currently got in my headlamps (standard bulbs) as at the moment I find it very dangerous driving in dark country lanes especially. Ive been looking at Phillips X-treme vision bulbs, not the cheapest of bulbs, but I dont want to skimp on somthing as important as bulbs. HIDS/Xenon kits are out of the question before someone says!

Heres a link to the phillips: http://www.powerbulbs.com/product_detail.asp?prod=192

What bulbs can you recomend? Any comments much appreciated.

I had the nightbreakers in my old A3 Sline, and even though they did give off a good output of light (and much bright than OEM) I found they didnt last very long and they both blew just after 12 months of me having them.

I have Phillips Extreme's in my car and I've been very impressed with them :)

I don't have the newer version you've linked to though but even the older ones are a big improvement on the standard candles!

Look on Powerbulbs' Ebay shop as they tend to be cheaper there :thumbsup:

I had the nightbreakers in my old A3 Sline, and even though they did give off a good output of light (and much bright than OEM) I found they didnt last very long and they both blew just after 12 months of me having them.

Shame they dont last longer but a year is not to bad.

These are what I have ----> Philips X-Treme Power H7 from Power Bulbs | Free Worldwide Delivery

Miles better than the standard bulbs, and no yellow hint to the light at all.

Apparently 'vision' bulbs give a little more light (100% more than standard haogens) than the older 'power' bulbs (80-90% more than standard halogens), but they last a little less time.

Vision being 35% more expensive than Power, I'm sticking with Power.

If you can budget for them, get a set of PIAA bulbs. Bright as anything and they are normal bulbs. Pricey though.

If you can budget for them, get a set of PIAA bulbs. Bright as anything and they are normal bulbs. Pricey though.

tell me more - model name etc, open to anything really, apart from HID/Xenon kits.

These are what I have ----> Philips X-Treme Power H7 from Power Bulbs | Free Worldwide Delivery

Miles better than the standard bulbs, and no yellow hint to the light at all.

Apparently 'vision' bulbs give a little more light (100% more than standard haogens) than the older 'power' bulbs (80-90% more than standard halogens), but they last a little less time.

Vision being 35% more expensive than Power, I'm sticking with Power.

Thanks for you comments mate, much appreciated. Ive found a place on ebay selling Phillips x-treme Vision for £32 inc delivery.

tell me more - model name etc, open to anything really, apart from HID/Xenon kits.

Here you go:

PIAA BULBS

have a look at these bulbs. I would recommend the Extreme White Plus. Like i said, pricey but definately worth it. You should get matching side lights as well...!

sorry forgot to add, beware of fakes from ebay etc! If its cheap, theres probably a reason why its so cheap!

I have Ring Xenon Max fitted to my car in both the dipped and main beams. Good white light which are brighter than the standard bulbs and don't have that "boy racer" blue tinge to them. They are pricey at £35 a pair but I got mine from E-bay...

Been reading good things about Osram night breaker plus. Everywhere seems to sell them at appx £29, but just seen a pair on amazon for £13?!!!

I bought the Philips Power bulbs for mine a fair while back, there certainly better than OEM, But i wasnt blown away by them tbh.

Also, just be careful with the ones you buy on ebay, could be previously returned items, when i looked for mine it stated in small print that they could be items that have been sent back for whatever reason, which is why i just spent a little more on the site to get brand new ones.

Puchased the phillips extreme power h7 bulbs...not noticed much of a differance in the colour but it is daylight at the moment will see at night time :) will post pictures later on too for people to review and see if they like them .

Here is the Osram Nightbreakers
Dipped
2011_02_02_0553.jpg

Main (I think, I could be the other way round but i can't see the pics in work, so i'm guessing.)
2011_02_02_0554.jpg

I've just fitted these for the punt:

ALDI - Thursday Special Buys 3rd February 2011

For £4.99, I was not expecting much, but coming from the standard candles there is marked difference, supposed to offer +30% light. manufacuted by 'trifa' (never heard of them), but are german manufacturer and look a large company: Trifa Firmenprofil

See how long they last, probably not a match for nightbreaker and alike, but at fiver worth a go, not to mention the other spare bulbs you get ;)

Fitted Osram Nightbreakers H7 & H11 bout 18 months ago..... never a days shyte and they make a big diff from the std bulb.

Been trying to find LED's for the park lights for yonks now.

Any assistance in locating a set of these would be appreciated.

night breakers are awesome, i fitted mine last week, i can actually see in the dark