Haldex Gearbox and rear diff oil?

Nutkin

Reaction score
I have an 04reg 3.2 V6 A3 on 55k miles

My service manual says change the Haldex Oil at 60k miles so therefore in all its years it has never been changed.

I have inherited the car from my mum who has had it from new and now spending my time fixing it up.

The gear box has a faint whine and i mean faint as you got to be doing low speeds in the lower gears to hear it. It is also bit clunky when you change gears and dont get the clutch perfect (i have found this car to be very jolty on clutches for an oem one, almost as strong as the race clutch i had in my tin top.) but doesn't seem too bad.

What would you guys suggest I do with the oils , it hasn't been driven that fast. But I want to make sure it is properly fixed up. My mum puts a lot of trust in audi and since her dealer told her not to bother servicing it at 2 and half year mark as shed only done 12k miles I am a little concerned to her local dealers upkeep.

I have an 04reg 3.2 V6 A3 on 55k miles

My service manual says change the Haldex Oil at 60k miles so therefore in all its years it has never been changed.

I have inherited the car from my mum who has had it from new and now spending my time fixing it up.

The gear box has a faint whine and i mean faint as you got to be doing low speeds in the lower gears to hear it. It is also bit clunky when you change gears and dont get the clutch perfect (i have found this car to be very jolty on clutches for an oem one, almost as strong as the race clutch i had in my tin top.) but doesn't seem too bad.

What would you guys suggest I do with the oils , it hasn't been driven that fast. But I want to make sure it is properly fixed up. My mum puts a lot of trust in audi and since her dealer told her not to bother servicing it at 2 and half year mark as shed only done 12k miles I am a little concerned to her local dealers upkeep.

It sounds like your car could do with a software update mine was very jerky and had a rough idle and would not hold 2000 rpm and would jerk when the car was moving with that engine it is also possible your throttle body is dirty.
The Haldex should have its oil and filter changed at 40 k the gearbox oil is for life but that said I am away to do my at 36 k my Haldex has been done its easy.
The Haldex is the rear diff and the gearbox shares its oil with the transfer box

i would have you car scanned with vcds my car did my head in for months when I bought it.

It sounds like your car could do with a software update mine was very jerky and had a rough idle and would not hold 2000 rpm and would jerk when the car was moving with that engine it is also possible your throttle body is dirty.
The Haldex should have its oil and filter changed at 40 k the gearbox oil is for life but that said I am away to do my at 36 k my Haldex has been done its easy.
The Haldex is the rear diff and the gearbox shares its oil with the transfer box

i would have you car scanned with vcds my car did my head in for months when I bought it.

I have full VCDS myself so on top of that not a single fault.

Ill get haldex and filter done then. Confuses me that the manual says 60K yet everyone else says 40K and a few select peoples say 20K !

Any recommendations as to the kit i need etc?

I have full VCDS myself so on top of that not a single fault.

Ill get haldex and filter done then. Confuses me that the manual says 60K yet everyone else says 40K and a few select peoples say 20K !

Any recommendations as to the kit i need etc?

Also interested in the required bits for haldex oil/filter change ...

If you google bills web space r32 you will find a guide I just bought the oil from vw with my vin no the might give you a syringe with oil or just a litre container I used a pump like the ones found on a hand pump to fill it my Haldex filter cover was a hex but I think some use a special tool.
my car had no fault codes either but ran rough also I would check if your car has had the coil packs done under recall if affected mine were done before I bought the car.

recall has been done :) how much fluid does the haldex take?