Haldex or not ?

Audis32015

Reaction score
Hi Guys

2015 RS3

Jerky on some occasions and a bit of a rough ride at the moment

When the car goes over a speed bump or hits a road bump the traction light flashes

No codes showing for Haldex or anything to be honest (OBD eleven )

Any advice something isn’t quite right ...

Also I have the famous exhaust rattle which is going back into Audi for but I need advice reference the Haldex or what else it could be

Thanks

Traction control kicking in is normal does it if I go over a speed bump to fast, I’m still on the pzeros so don’t know f this makes a difference. As for you haldex mate someone will know doubt more technical will tell you.

When you say it's jerky on occasions what exactly are you experiencing ?

Traction control on the 15/16 cars can be like that over speed bumps/pot holes......had it now and again on mine.

Just not smooth to summarize ...

I feel sometimes the car is not on full power/torque and noticed this when I was going over bumps and heard Haldex is a common problem

When the car is pulling away after start up I feel its not pulling on all 4 wheels and sometimes over reeving but I could be wrong ...

Not an expert mate but that is definitely not right. Have you tried doing the same thing in manual mode? Need to get the car hooked up to vcds to see what’s triggering the traction control module

That’s a bummer mate, in that case get it booked in.

Have a road test with Audi later today so
Will keep you posted

Still under warrenty so I’m not concerned but to be honest I just want to know what it is as it’s driving me crazy !!

Reactions: DW81
Have a road test with Audi later today so
Will keep you posted

Still under warrenty so I’m not concerned but to be honest I just want to know what it is as it’s driving me crazy !!

Are the tyres all good ? Pressures where they should be ?

In your clip above is that when you go over speed bumps?

All good two brand new tyres on front, rear @6mm also all PSI checked all round and nothing.

Yes just two normal not high etc speed bumps - Not putting the foot down just gentle. IT also happens on general road bumps etc

Update

Master tech came out watched my video and he has confirmed there is an issue but didn’t commit to what the problem is. Mention the diff, clutch oil getting contaminated ..,..

But booked it in to get repaired

Also the exhaust flaps are rattling so rear ehiast needs replaced

Finally getting somewhere

Update even more of a laugh

Said the tech was also able to get the same fault to display

Resolution was that the coding was incorrect ? Not sure how or why but Audi but it back to standard factory for the gateway module and they said it is resolved

Car comes home today still happening !!!!!!

On a plus exhaust had been changed due to
Flap rattle

Could the haldex be more prone to confusion with the 2 different tyre profiles.
May be interesting to see if others having similar problems also have the optional 255 up front.

Yeah welcome everyone to chip in - In all honesty they really don’t have a clue what’s causing it.

But the good thing is I have in the paper work they replicated the fault themselves so something will be getting changed

If it is the tyre profiles then I guess it’s a challenge back to Audi as this is the config I bought the car with and also they changed the tyres themselves and put these ones on.

But if anyone has an ideas let me know or past expierence of this

Could the haldex be more prone to confusion with the 2 different tyre profiles.
May be interesting to see if others having similar problems also have the optional 255 up front.
A lot of people have got the staggered wheel setup including myself with no issues present.

100% a problem I know that but no one at Audi can solve it lol

Still ongoing

Master tech has car all weekend with diag kit

Any update on this? I have a similar issue in that ESP kicks in if i go WOT from 3rd and 4th gear, power gets cut. If i go flat out from a dig, theres no issues with ESP flashing and cutting power.

It seems to do the Same with TC fully disabled. Feel a slight power cut higher up the RPM range in those gears.