Haldex question??? Help please.

Audi S3 freak

Reaction score
Hi guys and gals, I'm looking to get a new haldex controller to make launching a bit more fun!! Is the r32 the same as the s3 8l in terms of bein front wheel drive until the front wheels begin to spin then gets the rear wheels involved??? Im after as close to 50/50 split as poss!! Any info would be great so that way I don't have to drain my brother with my....in his words "stupid fukin questions"! Lol sorry if I'm a bit dim but new to car modding as bikes have always been my thing!! Cheers for any comments!! 😁

The standard controller is the same across the range as far as I am aware, for an uprated one look for a 'Blue controller'.

First gen haldex all operate in the same fashion... for 'better' performance you would need to be looking at the perfomance haldex controller although tbh I have not had any issue launching with 380hp on a std controller...

I can think of better things to spend the 700 quid on but would probably buy one if the price was right... :)

<tuffty/>

Cheers people! As for the real Quattro.....is now a good time to start postin pics of my short wheelbase ur project???? 380.....****** hell tuffty wot have u done to yours??? I need that power!!! 😃

Will do!!! Think I need to get the engine out in the winter and get a naughty build a bit like yours tuffty!! :)
future progress thread over the winter I think!!! Lol

I've not long put my blue Haldex controller on my S3 and I love it. There is a lot more power to the back wheels it so much more fun but I do drive in small lanes.

G60dan how much did u pay £700??? Money well spent or do I save it till the winter and slap my brother round the face with the cash I have for a naughty build???? lol