Help Please Halogen to Bi-Xenon upgrade

theowarwick

Reaction score
I recently got a A4 b8 facelift with halogen headlights and really like the look of the bi-xenon headlights. I’ve done a little research but find different answers everywhere. What’s the easiest way to do the upgrade? I don’t care about auto levelling or anything I legally need, I would just want the headlights to work properly. Any help massively appreciated (I’m really hoping it’s as easy as an adapter)

On the B8, the levelling sensor is on near-side front and rear, and pretty sure you need VCDS to calibrate too. Importantly you'll need headlight washers if not already in place with bi-xenon lights.

Coming from an old B5 with projector headlights to bi-xenon was like night and day and vowed never to buy a car with halogen headlights again. My 15-plate Polo TDI has LED headlights, same set up with self levelling and washers and probably slightly better than bi-xenon.

Last edited:
As above, you'll need auto levelling and headlight washers fitted. For making sure they're level and working properly, you also need VCDS, as doing it without it is a no no.

I don't know if the directional bi-xenon headlights are seperate/different to "normal" bi-xenon headlights, or if they even are two seperate things or not to begin with.