hand swirl mark removal

Rob_k

Reaction score
Hi guys ive just brought a solid black b5 a4 and the paint has bad swirl marks and a few light scratches. What is the best method to remove these and what ready available products to use e.g megs scratch X as i dont have a pc :sorry:

Thanks Rob

i know im going to invest in a PC soon, but is there any thing i can use to improve it?

Aye, glazing is your best for now to simply hide the defects, then think about correction once you have the right tools. Good glazes (in addition to VMG), are Menzerna Finishing Touch Glaze and Blackfire Gloss Enhancing Polish. Just make sure whatever glaze you use that you seal it in under a decent wax or sealant, otherwise the fillers will be washed out very quickly, negating the benefit imparted by the glaze. :)

hi guys ive got hold of a matika variable rotary to work with now, what pads and products do you recommend? thanks.

have you ever used a roto before? if not then i would get some guidance on how to use it first, not just info off the net a one to one lesson, as its not just burning through the paint that can go wrong you can case holograming etc too

Pads: Megs cutting and polishing,

Polish: menzerna ip3.02 would be my choice for VAG paint

cheers mate, ive got a bonnet and a wing in the shed i plan to try on 1st. a good mate of mine is good with a rotaryt so hes giving me lessons too:icon_thumright:

Menzerna RD3.02 via a Meguiars Polishing Pad to do the bulk of the corrective work, then Menzerna 85RD via a Meguiars Finishing Pad to refine the finish and ensure you don't leave any holograms. Stick to 1500-1800 rom max for the main passes after spreading at 900rpm, and always make a couple of final passes at 900rpm to refine the finish (applies to both products). :)

cheers for that mate doing it all day next monday weather permiting!