Handbook DVD/CD ?

Smudge973

Reaction score
Hi,

I noticed last week that there is an option with in the Car Set-up section to refer to the above - Does anyone know where you can get this DVD etc ?

Obvious answer is to speak to the Audi Dealer, but I presume someone has it etc?

Regards,

I have. I thought we all did.

I've even unpacked the ISO so I can run what you get on MMI on my PC. It's all html so runs in a browser.

More a bit later....

Is this a sat nav thing?Did it come in with the handbook?Can you post a picture pls?Im confused!!

Scotty how bigs the iso & any where to see what this is or just a user guide, upload/download, just curious as always, lol

I have the use of an A6 as my A4 is having a new gearbox.The A6 has sat nav, and i found this in the glovebox.Is this what were talking about?

scan.jpg

John, already, how olds that car, damn.

6 months old, but i was whinging about the duff second gear since i picked it up.Theyd changed the oil, but no differance.So when the stupid push ignition recepter packed up as well, i left it with them for a cold start(it was worse when cold).Its been a week now, cos they didnt have the part, or a 'special' tool needed to torque it up.Time will tell.But the loaner has a 7 speed auto box...ive never really liked the autos but i must say im sorely tempted.just love the flappys!

I think its a marvelous gearbox overall, I have the 6 speed dsg but along same lines overall, I always thought autos were for old people, but its made a tremendous difference to my driving style interms of no hassle changing gear thousand times, more relaxed, no clutch control, also its better on my knees as they suffer with longer drives, so for me will be auto for future unless I'm pleasantly surprised by a manual.

Its taken alot of friction & agro out of my driving, really has.

I'm back. The CD came in the black manual holder. I also got one for the MY2009 car I had. Both had SatNav so maybe that's it.

On the MY2009 you had to leave it in the CD player and then you could pull it up via the MMI....although it was horrendously slow. On the MY2010 (with SatNav) you can load it onto the hard disk and it works without any delays at all.

There's a copy of it here (don't ask how it got there!) : http://skydrive.live.com/

Username: audimanuals@hotmail.com
Password: password

It's in the My Documents area and it 26.4Mb in size.

In the En_GB directory you'll find a file called IMHALT.HTM. Double click that and you can access both the car's manual and the MMI one.

Last edited:
tried it.cant find the my docs bit.Those canadians are naughty!I take it the cd i posted isnt the one then?

lol, thats the strangest file sharing system I've known to date lol

I've just edited my post above as it seems the link was wrong. Try now. i.e. log in then go into My Documents. "On Board" is the zip file there.

Here's my CD's details :

Audi A4 Avant Onboard
Bedienungsanleitung
Ausgabe 5.09

i.e. It's from May 2009.

CD_Case.JPG

CD_Disk.JPG

Still strange way to share but thanks fella.

I'm back. The CD came in the black manual holder. I also got one for the MY2009 car I had. Both had SatNav so maybe that's it.

On the MY2009 you had to leave it in the CD player and then you could pull it up via the MMI....although it was horrendously slow. On the MY2010 (with SatNav) you can load it onto the hard disk and it works without any delays at all.

There's a copy of it here (don't ask how it got there!) : http://skydrive.live.com/

Username: audimanuals@hotmail.com
Password: password

It's in the My Documents area and it 26.4Mb in size.

In the En_GB directory you'll find a file called IMHALT.HTM. Double click that and you can access both the car's manual and the MMI one.

Thanks for this - really simple question - When buring the files onto a CD where do I start?

Once burned onto a CD do I put this in the CD Changer ?

It probably won't work. What's supplied is not an ISO image of the CD. It's what I (errrr I mean someone) extracted from the CD by unpacking the ISO image.

Assumming that you did have a total ISO image then you would place it in the CD/DVD as you referenced in your opening post.

I'm still puzzled why you didn't get a disk with your car. Since I did with my 2G and my 3G equipped cars I can only think it's due to you not having SatNav. Therefore I'm not sure if this will work at all for you. Maybe pop to your friendly dealer, find one in their show room nav equipped car and ask the friendly salesman if you can just try it in your car. ;)

It probably won't work. What's supplied is not an ISO image of the CD. It's what I (errrr I mean someone) extracted from the CD by unpacking the ISO image.

Assumming that you did have a total ISO image then you would place it in the CD/DVD as you referenced in your opening post.

I'm still puzzled why you didn't get a disk with your car. Since I did with my 2G and my 3G equipped cars I can only think it's due to you not having SatNav. Therefore I'm not sure if this will work at all for you. Maybe pop to your friendly dealer, find one in their show room nav equipped car and ask the friendly salesman if you can just try it in your car. ;)

Hi Scotty,

I'll call the dealer and ask - I have full MMI, Sat Nav etc.

Thanks.

In that case make a note of the part number (if you've got 3G that is) and ask them why you didn't get it? :yes:

Still strange way to share but thanks fella.
I agree. It wasn't me that put the image up on the web. Surprised me too when I found out how they'd done it. :shrug: