Handbrake adjustment

AvantAlexB7

Reaction score
As far as im aware the adjustment on the handbrake is automatic self adjusting. I've had a look on the interwebs already and I've seen how to reset the adjustment which i did a while back after the cables jumped off the adjustment wheel but the lever has since become more slack to the point where its not holding particularly well without pulling it all the way up.

Pads also have at leadt 50% of meat left on them so looking for some advice on some manual adjustment if there is any. Heading off to the hills of wales next week with the wobble box in tow so don't want any hairy hilly situations!

Thanks in advance fellas
Alex

Hi Alex

I've had to do this before and in the same situation again like yourself.

That ratchet underneath the centre armrest mount needs reset. It's quite a while ago now for myself but I was able to 'reset' this and make the handbrake bit point much lower.

I'd recommend just disassembling it from the cables etc and redoing it. I'm fairly sure this is all I did the first time, and is what I plan to do again before MOT here

I had bought new cables also in case that was the issue but simply doing the above solved it on that car

Hi Alex

I've had to do this before and in the same situation again like yourself.

That ratchet underneath the centre armrest mount needs reset. It's quite a while ago now for myself but I was able to 'reset' this and make the handbrake bit point much lower.

I'd recommend just disassembling it from the cables etc and redoing it. I'm fairly sure this is all I did the first time, and is what I plan to do again before MOT here

I had bought new cables also in case that was the issue but simply doing the above solved it on that car

Are you talking about the reset you do by pocking the little slot on the rachet wheel? I did that as i said a while back and it did sort it, but then ended up with the o/s rear caliper binding slightly and it gradually slackened off again within a week or so