Hard Wiring IPOD to Stock System with Bose

StaffsS3

Flat Out
Reaction score
Does anyone know how to do this? I have just bought a 2002 S3 with single disc CD and BOSE. In a previous car I bought a lead from Blaupunkt for about £7.00. This enabled me to switch to AUX on the head unit and play my IPOD. Whilst the CD tracks were not displayed, the sound quality was much better than using an ITRIP FM sender.

Also, how do I remove the stock Audi Symphony CD/Cassette? I cant see the fixings. I'll need to do this to sort out any connections (and the annoying rattle from behind!!)

How much of a task is it to fit a 6 disc changer retrospectively? Do Audi fit the lead to the boot at the factory?

I appologise if these questions have been asked before, but I know there's a wealth of experience out there!!

Older Audi HU's don't have an AUX in feature, so the only way to wire in a secondary source is to use the CD changer input. But to enable the HU to recognise a changer is connected it needs some electronics to fool it and allow the iPOD to be selected. So it's a bit more than just a cable. You need a Denison ICELink or similar.
The symphony has a 6 CD changer built into it, so no idea why you'd want another one. The ICELink replaces the changer so you couldn't have both anyway.
You'll need 2 sets of HU removal keys in order to get the Symphony out, you can get them from dealer or Halfords or ebay. They push into the small slots top/bottom, left & right on the front of the HU.
The angled sides should face inwards. Be very gentle with the keys as the spring clips that secure the HU are pretty fragile and you could end up with the thing jammed in there.

Thanks for the info. Have decided to get a Dension link fitted.

Don't know why you thought I had a 6 disc changer allready, I haven't!!!!

Wouldn't see the point of 2 either!!!!!:think:

are you sure you dont have a changer in the boot to the lefthand side compartment?

The Symphony2 HU has a 6 disc player inside it, so you must have a Symphony1.

The car may be wired for a changer (some were, some weren't). The cable will be clipped to the bodywork in the left cubbyhole in the boot, right at the back towards the front of the car past the rear seatbelt reel.
Although you can't use the changer with the ICELink