Has anyone fitted the Xcarlink or dynavin GPS?

EXSpartan36

VCDS Map User
Reaction score
My experience with dynavin was ****, the support was also abismal & bs info given to get me to buy an alternative unit, I wouldn't touch then again tbh.

The website does come across that way. Is there any units of a similar style you would recommend?

For a B8, nooe, but I can say Erisin for A3 8P was good so I wonder if they do a B8 solution.

Just looking at their website seems they only cover upto the B7. Look like decent units tho.

I've just fitted an RSNav unit to my 2012 A4. It works really well.

I already had MMI 3G (low) but was disappointed with low res 2D maps and lack of full postcode search. The RSnav unit is streets ahead and is also available for Concert/Symphony vehicles.

It supports Bluetooth (both phone and music), can play music off USB stick or SD card etc. It comes with google maps and iGO, but you can install any Android navigation app you want that is supported on Android 6. I have TomTom and Sygic installed.

It has a built in FM radio but it didn't work well for me. I planned to use the original Audi radio anyway so I haven't pursued whether I need an aerial connection of some sort.

RSNav is based in Canada but the units are shipped directly from China and I had to pay £65 import duty. It is a bit of a one man band so support can be a bit slow. Normally it takes a few days to get a reply but I have always got a response.

Graham

Reactions: EXSpartan36
I did have a look at the RSNav but couldn't find much info on them.

I got the dynavin unit in the end. Arrived within a couple days. Easy enough to fit apart from the instructions for fitting the rear camera being non existent. Pretty pleased with it so far.

Reactions: xpoweruk and blueleggy