Has anyone have experience with these aftermarket led headlights?

I thought the error comes up based on expected LoadType not actual presence of Bulb in that slot. Not too sure though.
That is my taught. The error comes when the charge is less. Canbus rezistors trick the load into thinking it uses all the voltage
I will try in a moment to link the wires without the original bulb and change the bulb type to see if it works. I'll let you know

Reactions: ZeA38VSport
That is my taught. The error comes when the charge is less. Canbus rezistors trick the load into thinking it uses all the voltage
I will try in a moment to link the wires without the original bulb and change the bulb type to see if it works. I'll let you know
Change to General LED instead of other LED options. LoadType number 40 & 43

I don't have car with Xenons but I have checked wire diagrams for
'Gas discharge headlights (bi-xenon) with automatic headlight range control and cornering light , (8IM) From March 2012'
And Pin 14 seems to have Ground.
Each Xenon headlight with 10 wires in 14pin connector, out of which 3 are Ground.
11 wires including 3 Ground for US models.
When I had one light with cornering ligh it had 13 metal pins
In that time, they sold me two diffrent lights and in that time i had no idea..
They still worked but mechanic told me not to get another cornering light for retrofit but told me to get headlight without extra bulb
Shame I don't have picture of the connectors I remebere had only 13 pins sticking out and second headlight I had vithout cornering.. with 11 metal pins
Anyway what you mean gas discharge??

Attachments

• IMG_20190616_120031.jpg
    IMG_20190616_120031.jpg
    355.1 KB · Views: 89
  • IMG_20190702_183421.jpg
    IMG_20190702_183421.jpg
    644.2 KB · Views: 81
I would like to connect a led strip just for the turn signal and remove the original bulb. I don't want to have 2 things flashing there. But I know that if I just remove the bulb, I will get an error so I taught by removing the wire from the connector itself and then link the led strip, change the bulb type with vcds won't give me an error.
I will try it today, maybe I can get it to work
What do you mean remove original bulb?
Which one?
Just turn lights to this position and yo u will have just DRLs strips?

Attachments

• IMG_20210807_120241.jpg
    IMG_20210807_120241.jpg
    2.6 MB · Views: 75
When I had one light with cornering ligh it had 13 metal pins
In that time, they sold me two diffrent lights and in that time i had no idea..
They still worked but mechanic told me not to get another cornering light for retrofit but told me to get headlight without extra bulb
Shame I don't have picture of the connectors I remebere had only 13 pins sticking out and second headlight I had vithout cornering.. with 11 metal pins
Anyway what you mean gas discharge??
Gas discharge means Xenon bulbs here.

'Gas discharge headlights (bi-xenon) with automatic headlight range control and cornering light , (8IM)'
That's Headline in wire diagrams for Xenon headlights.

Screenshot 20210807 123208 comadobereader edit 179444194856993

Reactions: Audi-Sport-Driver
Reactions: ZeA38VSport
This:

It took me a while because the double sided tape that the strip came with, wasn't strong enough. I had to buy a better one but I think it looks good

Real life the animation is smoother than in the video.

Looks really good.. use some 3M VHB tape That will hold it in place

Gas discharge means Xenon bulbs here.

'Gas discharge headlights (bi-xenon) with automatic headlight range control and cornering light , (8IM)'
That's Headline in wire diagrams for Xenon headlights.

View attachment 240783

This:

It took me a while because the double sided tape that the strip came with, wasn't strong enough. I had to buy a better one but I think it looks good

Real life the animation is smoother than in the video.

That's what I wanted to do but couldn't fit strip under the wing .. too tight..
I can see that you have it hidden on the edge of the headlight.. and light barely comes trhough
Now I know which light u wanted to turn off, thought you wanted to turn off main beam haha .

240KG?? jeesus you must be baricaded with it .. so heavy must be proper pile of the tape :D
Yeah, don't care. I just need it to stay in place :))
Yes, in some places is not fukly visible but it's the best I can do for now
I will loom into more strips to find the brightest one because this seem to dim
Or I will make one myself, I am looking into it :D

Yeah, don't care. I just need it to stay in place :))
Yes, in some places is not fukly visible but it's the best I can do for now
I will loom into more strips to find the brightest one because this seem to dim
Or I will make one myself, I am looking into it :D
Under the wings, bring the strips bit forward, flush with them.

Under the wings, bring the strips bit forward, flush with them.
I want to buy something like in the picture below. It's thin and can be cut to size. I want to cut it in 2 pieces so I can insert the light strip inside it and some thinfoil to reflect the light only in 1 direction
Maybe it will be brighter
IMG 20210808 102849

So I got them and installed today .. They look very nice
It is nice that adjusting dip is working
One flaw ; in 3rd position so DRL only with tails lights on, they will get slightly dim for some reason. And same in Auto position DRLs get dimmer I think becuse not to surpass the main beam.

Attachments

• 1.jpg
    1.jpg
    1.1 MB · Views: 114
  • 3.jpg
    3.jpg
    1.2 MB · Views: 109
  • 4.jpg
    4.jpg
    3.3 MB · Views: 104
So I got them and installed today .. They look very nice
It is nice that adjusting dip is working
One flaw ; in 3rd position so DRL only with tails lights on, they will get slightly dim for some reason. And same in Auto position DRLs get dimmer I think becuse not to surpass the main beam.
That is how it's supposed to be. Only main DRL (Auto/0) are bright. Rest are a little bit dimmer
Night driving is ok? Wide and bright?