Has anyone replaced their own AC condenser?

Spearo

Reaction score
So having recently added UV dye to the system I can see that there is staining on the lower right of the AC condenser (as you look at the car) hoping it’s just a hose seal (as firebits suggested) but I fear it’s the condenser!
Has anyone done a DIY replacement?
Has anyone used a non Audi condenser- there seems to be a level of fragility with Audi’s own offerings.
Can anyone comment on the replacement or lubrication of O-rings for ac units ??

If it turns out to be a stone that’s holed the rad and I end up put in an Audi condenser, I’m Thinking of adding a stone screen to prevent that happening again.

Any advice Or experience much appreciated.

Can't help on the DIY route but I had my a/c condenser replaced last month as it was leaking from the bottom right same as yours. Had it done at my nearest Audi Centre and they said that the replacement part is an updated design so hopefully it should be all good now.

And may I ask what the damage was for Audi replacing and recharging the system ??

presumably if there is a common fault on the bottom right and that the replacement part was redesigned- did Audi offer a warranty replacement or a contribution towards the cost ??

2.0 TFSI 252 quattro. Not sure if this got sorted under warranty or if there is a TSB to cover it. Was initially quoted £840 though.