Has anyone Retro fit seat storage bins

Anthony566

Reaction score
I have seen that you can retro fit the seat storage bins under the seats of an S line, has any one done this in a B8 or 8.5 ???

quite easy to fit
not much space tho cant even get a tomtom in there

I had already printed off all that stuff - for future use, it has to be said, well at least with my wife's 9N Polo, that once you have stuffed these drawers full of, for instance CDs, when on the road, she complains that she can not reach them, so after me filling them up they have stayed in there for 11+ years - oh dear!! I do like the idea of having them on the S4 though, it might free up the door pockets for more junk!

I fitted one to the drivers seat of my B8. Did not need to remove the seat, took about 10 minutes.

Its handy for keys and tissues.

I just took mine out because I am swapping it onto the S-line i pick up on Friday :)

Took 5 minutes to remove, just 2 Torx screws.

Just go to a dealer parts dept and ask! that's what I did, I think it was about £20. I paid £78 for a set of rubber mats, dipstick and the seat storage.

I think it was so that we could get an average cost so that we wouldn't get bumped by the stealers.
When I was getting quotes for a fog light case replacement, 1 stealer wanted £66, and another wanted £90+vat

I will be confirming the parts list as they are different for manual and electric seats I believe ....

Reactions: Liquidfusion-S3
electric an man are the same

Ok so I went to Audi and these are the part numbers for my car as they change depending on the colour ...

V8K0 882 601 B4 Box Left Seat £44.63 Each
V8K0 882 601 B4 Box Right Seat £ 42.54 Each
VN 900 880 03 Speed Nut £0.67 Each x 2 for each seat
VN 907 371 05 Bolt £0.91 Each x 2 for each seat

These are all plus VAT ....

Forgot to say I have ordered the Driver side one and will be picking it up tomorrow so I will photo it and fit it...

I am glad I took the time to take it out my old car!

Picked up the parts for the Drivers seat today so will post details later...

So I have finally answered my own question :sm4:

As I have worked my way through this I can confirm that you can retro fit storage bins to a face lift B8 with manual seats and the bin for a manual seat is not the same as the one for an electric seat, the electric ones are longer than the manual ones as there are no seat handles in the way.

So the phototropic proof and the part numbers I have listed above are for the sport seat bins.

Did you fit it without taking the seat out?

Sort of ..... I didn't remove the seat I just tilted the seat back but after doing that and seeing exactly where everything goes you could do this without doing that but by tilting it you just get more room :)

I have ordered the passenger seat bin today so will post some photos of how I fit this one and the tools used ..

I have confirmed with Audi that if you have electric seats there is only one seat bin that fits both seats and the none electric seats have a left and right bin these bins are smaller than the electric seat bins.

I will post part numbers for both seat types next week when I install the second bin.

Just refitted mine after removing them from my old A4 and picking up my new one. Raise the seat right up and also the front of the seat using front adjuster, fit threaded speed clips into holes up under the seat base ( square hole with a round hole right next to it). Attach the bin by the 2 lugs at the rear so the front dangles down, I used a long nose plier to hold the screw to put it inside the open drawer and fed the long torx up behind the slot in the rear of the bin to fit the nearest screw to you first. , tighten but not fully then do the furthest one away nearest the gear lever, this ones easy to do. Use a bright light and it is tricky. Fitted both of mine in 15 minutes.

I have completed the storage bin install on both seats and I installed one with the seat tilted back by undoing the seat bolts and one with out undoing the set bolts so it can be done you just need small hands :)

This is an easy mod, don't be shy in asking for a discount from your Audi dealer as I got 20% off

So in short if like me you have manual seats there is a left and right version and if you have electric seats there is only one that fits both seats also the electric seat version is wider than the manual seat version.

I took the actual bin off the casing, makes it easier as you can use a screwdriver type torx to drive the screws straight in :)

I took the actual bin off the casing, makes it easier as you can use a screwdriver type torx to drive the screws straight in :)

You don't even need to do that :) I just used a small socket wrench :)

Just ordered mine today, I had to try to explain to the Audi parts guy how the parts cat works - which is not too good! He claimed the "grayed out" items are all options, anything in "black is already fitted to my car" - I don't think that he took on board me explaining that anything "grayed out" is not relevant to my car and the bits in "black" are - already fitted or not!

Just been told that the black ones for electric seats are now on "back order" - so we have run them out of stock!

They told me my none electric passenger one was on back order but it still only took 10 days to get one so fingrrs crossed .....

Right I picked my bins up last week and now back from holiday and fitted the passenger side one. No problems, as said by others, it is best to use a magnetic bit holder, and in my case a hex to 1/4" square drive adaptor and a short 1/4" square drive extension. I just drove the seat back and raised it fully, ran the screws up using the tools mentioned and that created enough space to fit a 1/4" ratchet to fully tighten the screws up. The drivers side can wait until I have a good reason to move the car. The use of a magnetic bit holder is quite handy as enough of a magnetic field exists to hold the screws on to the bit - more than can be said for my first magnetic bit holder as it seemed to have lost its magnet!! Making sure that the rear mounts have fully engaged - the front side clip will only snap into place once this been done I discovered, will make sure the holes are lined up. It is worth printing off that "how to" guide though!

Last edited:
Sorry to revive this post but I was about to post a question if anyone had under seat storage bins as I remember having them on my S3 and my Z4 and found them useful.

Does anyone know if this has been successfully done on the S4 Supersport seats or if anyone with these seats already have them fitted? I guess it shouldn't be any different as I assume the seat base is the same as the electric seats? I imagine the prices have gone up since 2014!

I have S4 Supersport seats with storage trays already fitted. So it should be possible to retrofit them. Have to say, I’ve never once put anything in them, though.

I have them in my RS6 Super sport seats with electric movement. I would not bother fitting them if they hadn't come with the car, pretty much useless for anything other than a pocket size packet of tissues/disinfectant wipes. Save your money.

Reactions: jdp1962
I'll admit that the main reason why I fitted them to my S4 was - because it did not have them, I'd be lying if I said that I knew what was in them, maybe safety tabards, I hope so!