Has anyone retro fitted roof rails on an 8V yet?

I can PM you his details if you need just drop me a message.
Once the roof rails are inserted into the roof through the openings you've drilled you'll need some bolts to secure them from the underside in the roof. I didn't supply him with any nuts or spacers so just take it he had some spares laying around to use.

Sent from my SM-G973F using Tapatalk
Hi K96….
Sorry to pick this up a year later - but just about to buy an 2017 A3 Black Edition and it really needs the roof rails. Any chance you could send over details of who fitted them for you please?
Many thanks… And Happy Easter

this is not a ball ache of a mod and straight forward .Its not rocket science. headliner is the long part, day 1 over . the area to drill is clearly seen. put the spacer in the slot as a guide and then drill upward straight with pilot hole. then from the outside enlarge the hole. on my 8p its 13 mm. coat metal with corrosion protection. prime and paint day 2 over to allow to dry. insert bars, tighten down bolts and done. THe guide to the 8V is similar to the guide for the 8P

Thanks for the response. It’s the dropping the headliner I don’t fancy doing. Especially with sunroof fitted…
If anything it's easier with the sunroof, it just unclips around it and then you have a massive grab hole lol.
It's a very worthwhile mod, just give yourself time

Just to update the thread I have had the retrofit completed and I'm very happy with the results. Got some second hand roof rails and got them sprayed gloss black to match the rest of my car as it came out the factory with the black optics pack.

For anyone who is considering buying the stick on ones I'd get the job done properly instead. Only cost me £350 all in. £150 for the roof rails and £200 for paint and fitting.

Now I've got to take the cat home and clean it. It's filthy !!!!
fd116d13cefe2dca344dcca6750017f4.jpg
5f68736e9bbadfaf2fdbfd344196564b.jpg
09e42801896ae44272c579ac98889695.jpg
9ba1c7c839e97a6e90a7708625b6a147.jpg

Sent from my SM-G973F using Tapatalk
Very interested… I can’t work out how to pm you…would love to find your fitter..