Has the new TTRS really got 395 BHP?

Apparently this car has OLED tail lights, so it'll match yer telly.

Reactions: Ignition1, pburv and Rob2k68
Wonder if it will sound like the RS3.

One of the best acceleration sounds ever - can't stop watching YouTube videos of it...!

Wonder if it will sound like the RS3.

One of the best acceleration sounds ever - can't stop watching YouTube videos of it...!

First video of the new 5pot revving in dynamic mode with the pops and crackles.

Reactions: pburv and Rob2k68
Nice...

Personally I don't like pops and crackles, at all. But I've heard various RS3 videos with pops and crackles, and others without - I assume this is when you have the exhaust on "loud mode" or not?

Perhaps @Snake Pliskin can answer that.

Reactions: pburv and Snake Pliskin
Nice...

Personally I don't like pops and crackles, at all. But I've heard various RS3 videos with pops and crackles, and others without - I assume this is when you have the exhaust on "loud mode" or not?

Perhaps @Snake Pliskin can answer that.

There so many options of varying sounds tbh ...

You generally get the full on main pops and crackles if you have have the car set to full dynamic - so this gives you the full sound !
The next level for me is individual - as I have exhaust / engine set to dynamic and suspension to comfort.
this setting gives you a similar level of sound to full dynamic but takes away some of the pops and bangs.
it changes further if you have the gearbox in D or S .. S giving you slightly louder sound.
In comfort everything is much more quiet - too quiet IMO - and it sounds like a regular car.
You also get a lovely bark on start up - especially when the engine is cold.

You can tailor it to suit your style.

Reactions: pburv, Jassyo06, Ignition1 and 1 other person

First video of the new 5pot revving in dynamic mode with the pops and crackles.

I've seen 5 press guys in front of that car doing the same short prevue...... Must av been a big queue lol

Reactions: pburv, Rob2k68 and Simon L
According to the video ...

OLED tail lamps are extra

as is Mag ride (which is standard on the TTS I think).

I wonder if they'll offer the sports exhaust as part of a dynamic pack only like the RS3 ?

Gear stick handle in alcantara is a nice touch.

Reactions: pburv, Rob2k68 and Simon L
;-
According to the video ...

OLED tail lamps are extra

as is Mag ride (which is standard on the TTS I think).

I wonder if they'll offer the sports exhaust as part of a dynamic pack only like the RS3 ?

Gear stick handle in alcantara is a nice touch.

If the sports exhaust is anything like the RS3's - it's a must-have.

versus

(view from 1 minute onwards...epic! And 1:30 onwards it sounds like an R8)

Reactions: Baldyone, Simon L, pburv and 2 others
;-

If the sports exhaust is anything like the RS3's - it's a must-have.

versus

(view from 1 minute onwards...epic! And 1:30 onwards it sounds like an R8)

totally agree mate & both the engine & exhaust sound ace ! ....... when buying an RS I think you really must have the full 'sound experience' and the fact you can tone everything down if you want to is a great feature - although I must admit I never turn it down :bluecar::boom::boom::speakerthree::speakerthree::sunglasses:

I have it on full dynmaic or individual all of the time - I never use auto or comfort lol :)

Reactions: Rob2k68, Ignition1, Simon L and 2 others
Why would any sane male buy this when you could get a Cayman?? I don't get it??

Why would any sane male buy this when you could get a Cayman?? I don't get it??
Depends on requirements. TTRS will tear the Cayman a new one 0-60. Porche you get a nice badge and arguably a better "drivers" car whatever that means. I have a TTS and I'm probably slightly biased but give me an RS over Cayman or Boxster any day.

Sent from my SM-G935F using Tapatalk

Wow that new engine is awesome. Can't wait for that to land in the new RS3 with a lighter front end too please

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk