Have a 2006 AUDI A4 QUATTRO power roof opened and now wont re open to close the top,

gm0128

Reaction score
Roof power top wont close?
Any ideas of why? Or what to check?

possible tilt sensors

Best thing to do is do a full cycle of your roof manually, ie open it and close it again, or close it, open it and close it again and that will reset all sensors, should work then.

If that doesn't work it could be mechanical failure, in which case diagnostics will be needed

possible tilt sensors

Best thing to do is do a full cycle of your roof manually, ie open it and close it again, or close it, open it and close it again and that will reset all sensors, should work then.

If that doesn't work it could be mechanical failure, in which case diagnostics will be needed
Thanks for information and will try this weekend. Hope reset works, if not when you say diagnostics hooking it up to a machine could tell me a sensor ?

Thanks for information and will try this weekend. Hope reset works, if not when you say diagnostics hooking it up to a machine could tell me a sensor ?

Yeah, I'd probably take it to a garage or find a local handyman (there's one in essex that advertise' on ebay). They'll tell you the problem for small fee then you can decide if it's a DIY or garage job