Have I got adaptive headlights?

neilma

Reaction score
Since purchasing my 2006 2.0 S-Line Special Edition (from new) with Xenons, it has always puzzled me as to whether they installed the adaptive headlights by mistake? I didnt specify them on the order but when driving (on dipped beam) it is slightly noticable that the lights move horizontally when moving the steering wheel (only when moving). When on main beam, the effect is more pronounced.
Is there a simple check under the bonnet that I can make to see if I have these or a simple test to confirm I am not going mad (and going to get done for swerving all over dark roads trying to confirm my suspicions?? :uhm:
Cheers

Turn the headlight switch to on and start the car after dark.

If you have adaptive headlights you will see the beams move down, then swivel out and back in and then move up.

If you don't have adaptive headlights the beams will move down and back up only.

Check headlight part number if visible from under bonnet & give to audi or someone on here to check etka, that will 100% advise which type, I would do but etka down atm.

Excellent thanks guys!
According to the site above (its too cold to go looking under the bonnet tonight but the service book was to hand) I have got them.

So they arent called adaptive lights, they are called "Bending light" :w00t:

8Q5 = Headlight-range adjustment, automatic/ dynamic with dynamic bending light (AFS 1)

Thx again!