Have I got BOSE ?

funkyspider

Reaction score
Just picked up a MY03 A4 Avant TDi 130 today. It has a single DIN Concert fitted. I checked in the back and there's a silver box in the side panel in the boot.

I'm after fitting something like an Alpine CDE-104BT or JVC KD-R801 head unit as I'm used to having MP3's on USB memory stick in my previous car. What should I be aware of when getting the head unit changed (I will get it professionally done, I'm not keen on DIY with electrics). What wiring harness will I need etc. I'd prefer to source the head unit/parts myself so I can shop around for price. Will there be a problem with the radio aerial.

Also if I get HU with a rear USB lead is it quite simple to route the USB lead into the glovebox or is it quite a job to get access into the glovebox.

Thanks for any help
Martin.

Most Audi's fitted with Bose, will have "Bose" appear on the screen of the headunit when its turned on. Or the speakers have the "Bose" logo on them. If you have neither of them, then the answers no.

If your thinkig of retro fitting Bose, then it will involve alot of work removing all the door panels, new speakers, Amp, etc

I wasn't thinking of retro fitting BOSE. From reading around having BOSE or not changes what wiring adapter you need and seems to complicate things when swapping for an aftermarket HU.