Have I had my pants pulled down by Audi? Electric window fault....

Simmo_Sportback_S_Line

Reaction score
I was having intermittent one touch faults with my electric windows where the window would reopen by it's self after being one touched to close, this would then trip the other windows and cause all manner of carnage with the remote fob etc.

So whilst getting the DSG service done I asked the Audi dealer to investigate said fault and they came back and said it was the drivers side switch pack at fault and recommended it's replacement, iirc it was over £100 for parts and fitting, most of the cost was covered by an extended warranty with the RAC but some of the labour wasn't which I have had to pay out for.

Anyway the fault has now returned (next day) and quite clearly it wasn't the switch pack at fault, after searching the forum (which I should have done first know!) it appears this is a common fault and there is a something about it in the owners manual to reset the system by holding up the drivers switch, surely Audi should have known this was the case and not replaced the part so quickly.

Can I tell them to remove their part and refit mine then get a refund?

You can certainly go back and complain. They have diagnosed a fault, supplied and fitted parts to rectify it, and the fault remains.
Do not reset it. Go back first.

One touched to close, trip other windows, what exactly do these comments mean, you need to explain the fault better tbh, as its not the best fella.?

You can quite easily go back & ask for a refund & fit old if the fault still exists, as this will prove the error wasnt this.

One touched to close, trip other windows, what exactly do these comments mean, you need to explain the fault better tbh, as its not the best fella.?

You can quite easily go back & ask for a refund & fit old if the fault still exists, as this will prove the error wasnt this.

Well when I use the one touch feature to close the window it will cause the window to come back down about 4 inches on its own!

That then triggers the one touch feature to stop working on the other windows, also stops the open/close all windows from the key fob to stop working or the windows will not be in sync so some end up only half way down etc

Ok now we're clearer.

Ok the remote closure system will stop if a window has a detected issue, so thats normal.

The other windows one touch should work independently of the trouble window, but thats not to say its not affecting these.

IMHO its not the switch pack anyway, not because of what they've done but because of the fault description.

Yes test the reset procedures, but the description seems to lean more towards dropping because of the pinch detection, so it maybe the door module or the motor thats got a little problem, also the glass maybe ever so slightly out of alignment which suggests the fixings on the runners.

So my 1st port of call would be to try reset, then test with alternative door module & then if repeats look at adjusting glass.

reset has solved it for now but its sure to go again, more likely to be one of the options you suggested mate, will call Audi in the morning and see what they say.

mine does this, if you sit somewhere quiet whilst sat in the car, as the window goes up you can hear the motor gradually change note, ie the motor is working harder.

Thus then the pressure reaches a point where it thinks hang on, these are a set of 4 year olds fingers.

id say its 100% alignment but if you drench the window and seals in silicone spray lubricant, you may save yourself lots of bother.

N35FZ.jpg

Mrs Bs cab did this and it was the large +ve wire which had broken inbetween the car and door inside the hose which protects the cable. It was making and breaking and causing alsorts of windows mischief

It's just a niggly annoyance really as it can be reset, I think ill take the door card off today and have a fiddle, the sound of the motor changing pitch sounds familiar

Honestly try that silicone stuff, works a treat, cake all the seals with it. All round the edges of the door where the window seals.

worth a try before you get the tools out.

My passenger window doesn't close all the way up on one touch, It ggets about two thirds up and then stops and I have to then coax it up with the switch.

It does close just not as it shold, I did a rest which sorted it for a little while and then it started agian, I must mention it when it goes in for a service... they'll no doubt reset it and think they've solved it.

It doesn't bother me that much to be honest, as long as it actually continues to close...

mjr - are you suggesting sparying that stuff on the window itself...?

I had the same problem with my Mitsubishi Shogun where it was becoming increasing difficult to close the window as the seals were getting very tight and you could here the motor really working hard to close it.

Did some reading on it and lots of people said to simply cake all the seals with it, where ever the window may come into contact with anything rubber.

it comes out like WD40 but it's a special type of spray liquid that keeps rubber etc lubricated but in a dry state(not oily once you've mopped up the excess that you spray on the window) So less friction, motor=Happy chappy.

Put loads on, whilst feeding the window up and down a fair few times so it works it's way into it all.

I fired loads around the inner frame of the window(so window down, spray where the edges of the window would sit if it was up. right in the slots in the door)

See how you go. Deffo worked with me.

about £6 I think, if it doesn't work, then take the lube upstairs ;)

Reactions: Simmo_Sportback_S_Line