Having personal lease car scratch repaired?

thealphabeta

Reaction score
Hi All

Some delight has keyed my evoque which is just about to go back to the lease company. It's not a small scratch either. Both panels. It's also quite deep so not a polish job. I've spoken to a couple of local smart repairers but I'm.wondering do I pay £300 now hope they do a good enough job or risk the higher cost charged by the lease company on the basis they might say they need to do it again because of a poor repair.

Trying to avoid paying twice.

Any thoughts?

Sent from my Nexus 6P using Tapatalk

Hmmm a tricky one...

Personally I would try touch up paint, wet and dry paper and a DA polisher and see what results you get.

Worst case scenario is you you pay up whatever the lease company charge. No idea if they are reasonable...

The lease company won't accept a smart repair. They'll only accept a proper LR approved repair. My mate went through this when he scratched his lease Merc. Had to pay dealer prices to get it corrected properly. If you're not going to get it fixed check what your penalties are for the lease company to fix it and see what's the cheaper of the two.

Jesus that's concerning! Ok I think I need to give them a buzz then. This could be nasty!

Reactions: Scottyg
Get a proper job done mate, they spend ages looking at company cars for collection now as they want full money back when they go to auction.

Yeah sound advice I think