Facelift Having to slam doors shut

Aston88

Reaction score
Hi,

Having taken delivery of my A4 Saloon within the last couple of days I’ve noticed that the front passenger and drivers door seem rather hard to close

Having not owned an Audi before, I’m not sure if this is just me not being used to it or if there could be an issue

Unlike my previous cars, I find myself (and passengers) having to really slam the door closed with quite a lot of force. I would expect a car of this price to have doors that close without much effort?

When getting in the car, I find it sometimes takes a couple of tries to close the door for it to fully catch onto the latch and to be honest it’s starting to annoy me

I’ve read elsewhere that It could be a case of the door seals etc just need ‘breaking in’, or even need Audi to adjust the door latch mechanism

Just wondered if anyone else has experienced this or if it’s just an Audi thing and whether it’s worth speaking to Audi about it

Thanks

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Yes mine is the same , I have an Avant that was new in July and I often have to have a second go at closing doors.

I think its a bit better now than it was but annoys me too.

Sent from my SM-G973F using Tapatalk

I’m having the same issue with mine which I collected last Wednesday. The driver's door has got better and shuts with very little effort now.

It was pulling it shut whilst inside that was worse for me ....

Sent from my SM-G973F using Tapatalk

Glad I’m not the only one with this issue then. I’ll give it a few days and hopefully they wear in

It could be due to new rubber seals bedding in, as you use the more supple they become, could minimally adjust the striker plates by 1-2mm, but water test the door seals afterwards to be sure its still watertight.

It could be due to new rubber seals bedding in, as you use the more supple they become, could minimally adjust the striker plates by 1-2mm, but water test the door seals afterwards to be sure its still watertight.

Appreciate the reply. I’m hoping this is the case and I’ll see if it changes over the next couple of weeks. I use the car everyday so it should soon bed in

The doors are heavier and better quality to what I’ve been used to so I’m sure I’ll soon get used to them

I can only think it to be the door seals or some adjustment is require as I don't seem to have ever had this issue...