Hazard symbol illuminated

Reaction score
After I lock the car the interior lights dim and turn off as normal but the red hazard symbol remains lit.
Does this have any significance at all chaps please?
Thanks, Mark.

Checked last night and it was still on after 20 minutes. What is the purpose of it remaining lit?

Noticed this on mine also, was on after 10 mins after car was locked by remote.

From what I have read over the years if it stays on for a long time after the car is turned off then check that the passenger carpet isnt wet. If its wet then the ccm is proberly fried as that's under the passenger carpet

Last edited:
Mine does this too, goes off after about 10-15 minutes.

Mine goes off within a couple of mins, I'll time it next time I'm out and think of it.

Starting to get some issues with the doors not always locking and the hazard symbol is pretty much always illuminated so think I need to check the CCM.

I've got a 1.9tdi saloon, can anyone tell me where this thing lives and is it common to other B6 models (2.5tdi saloon for instance) and are they plug and play or do they need configuring?
Thanks, Mark.

I checked the carpet etc and everything is bone dry. I have been having problems with the speakers cutting in and out for some time and I know the wiring in the rubber boots is a bit of a mess so the door wiring looms need replacing.

Reactions: passat16v
A mate of mine works at a local scrappy and a 54 plate A4 came in. I got the complete door looms for £30 so busy fitting them today.

Sorted. Bit of a chore replacing the door looms but done and everything works. Happy days!