Headlight adjusters

Kris6383

Ze germans are here
Reaction score
Hey all the manual head light adjusters on my aum 1.8t are shot is it possible to fix them? If so any help would be much appreciated.

Thanks
Kris

I sorted mine. Remove headlight. Cut away the existing plastic mechanism.you will be left with a knurled metal rod. Now grab a 8mm bolt and drill a hole (of similar thickness to the rod) right through the centre of the bolt. Now slide the the bolt over metal rod (marry them together using glue or chemical metal) you can now adjust headlight by turning bolt.

I had to split my lamps because the adjustment rod had actually detached from the sub structure.

It's a Bodge but I was working on a tired set of pre facelift lights so had nothing to loose.

My car flew through it's mot after this repair.

Also I did this on a s3 headlamp. Not sure if a3 lights have the same adjustment concept. Maybe someone can confirm?

Cheers il give it a whirl, the lights I speak of are factory standard xenons post face lift.

Kris are you a hundred percent sure they are xenon ? as i pretty sure it was only the S3 that has xenons with D2S bulbs ? And the Prefacelift S3 is a APY engine code? and Post facelift they where Bam and AMK?

100000000% d2s bulbs it's got the ballasts, all factory standard, I changed the bumper which was f#+*ed which had the headlights washers on.