Headlight cheapness from the motherland!

WOW that is cheap.

You thinking of getting some facelift ones then Rich?

Get them bought guys. Cheap as chips LOL

I've ordered the black single piece units... They are cheap, so if they dont look good, will resell them.

Rich

Angel Eyes for the A3/S3... cool - make your Audi look like a BMW! /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/confused.gif

Won't the light spread be wrong for RHD?

Should have a switch to change the light direction... Facelift ones do.

Rich

How are you paying, they don't take Paypal, do they take credit cards or something?

They do take paypal... Thats how i paid!

Do the buy it now... They will then send you an email with instructions. Basically give them address .etc and order, and then you order it. You select the payment option you want to use, and they then tell you how much to pay. I then logged into my paypal and paid the amount for the goods (where you select 'pay for auction' or something) and corrected the price and sent the funds.... All a bit of a p*ss about, but went OK!.

Rich

ps - Google translator is VERY useful!

This dude must rake it in...Done over 4000 auctions in the last month! /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/crazy.gif

I'm considering these for my S4, are they compatible with Xenon lights?

Well, I've ordered a set of facelift chrome lights, all in around £102 for the pair. So even if they are rubbish I can still re-list them on eBay.

It does say you need to modify stuff for them to fit, but I would imagine the work is minimal...

yep, you just need to remove some metal from the inner wing...not a bid deal in the slightest!

Dammit, time to go buy a Dremel, my feedback on eBay is gonna be GREAT soon! /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/smile.gif

Yep a dremel with the reinforced cutting discs will do the job! remember to rustproof the cut metal afterwards.

Rich

nice one Rich. Be interested to see some pics once all fixed up /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/smile.gif

Rob /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/beerchug.gif

Looking forward to seeing some pics of these fitted.

After losing a whole indicator on the motorway and snapping the clips off my current lights i think ill be getting some face lift or crystal ones /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/laugh.gif

Just need to sit and get it translated now lol!

Mine have just arrived, pictures when the boss has left the office! /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/smile.gif

Right,

Pictures are here:

frontlight6ws.jpg

rearlight0qi.jpg

So, the lights are the ones with the funny lines on the glass, which I don't like. But, they probably look better than the pre-facelift two piece ones when fitted, so it might be OK.

They have multiple adjusters, so I would imagine they can be made RHD, but no intructions in my box!!! Anyone know which adjusters do which?

They aren't FK, some company called TYC Automotive, and they aren't TUV or BS marked, so legality might be an issue.

They do look reasonably well put together though.

They are these lights (although I bought them from the German supplier above):
http://cgi.ebay.co.uk/AUDI-A3-CLEAR-PROJ...1QQcmdZViewItem

Am out to buy a Dremel at lunch today as I doubt somehow they will a 'direct fit' (not least as Rich has already told me they aren't!!!)

remember you will probably need to remove the front bumper cover too so make sure you have the torx too for the inner wheel arches.

Why would I have to remove that? This is getting curiouser and curiouser /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/smile.gif

(I do have all the necessary tools, what I don't have is any time until Saturday)

For anyone that is interested here are a few pics of me fitting my facelift headlamps about a year ago:

Remove the front bumper

Then you have to remove a piece of metal from the side of the wing and cut some of the lower wing and the bumper bracket to make them fit

faceliftheadlampsfitting.jpg

faceliftheadlampsfitting01.jpg

faceliftheadlampsfitting02.jpg

faceliftheadlampsfitting03.jpg

faceliftheadlampsfitting04.jpg

faceliftheadlampsfitting05.jpg

You will also require new plugs for the headlights

faceliftheadlampsfittingnewplugs01.jpg

Finally remember to paint the exposed metal

wip14_skirtsfitted.jpg

All done

faceliftheadlampsfitting06.jpg

Aaaah hang on. Yours are ACTUAL facelift headlights. From what I understand from the eBay auction for the lights that Rich and I ordered, they are designed as drop in replacements for the 97-2001 Audi A3.

So, with the lights posted in the above links, it should be a drop in affair.

Well, I'm getting the 110 volt floodlights out tonight to have a mess about so progress will be posted....

EDIT - Oh yes, the link says things need to be modified. Oh ******. This looks like it might be a long job, especially as I am now busy Saturday so need to do it before then in case I need extra parts/stuff.

[ QUOTE ]
Aaaah hang on. Yours are ACTUAL facelift headlights. From what I understand from the eBay auction for the lights that Rich and I ordered, they are designed as drop in replacements for the 97-2001 Audi A3.

So, with the lights posted in the above links, it should be a drop in affair.

Well, I'm getting the 110 volt floodlights out tonight to have a mess about so progress will be posted....

EDIT - Oh yes, the link says things need to be modified. Oh ******. This looks like it might be a long job, especially as I am now busy Saturday so need to do it before then in case I need extra parts/stuff.

[/ QUOTE ]

Hate to say I told you so....

Have you got the new connectors for the lights as well? Otherwise you wont have any lights either.

Also I wouldn't attempt it at night as you need as much light as possible! It took me about a 1 day - 2 days to get mine done properly. (In between rain showers)

Get some connectors, wire, solder/iron and some heatshrnk and then attempt it...in the daylight. Its enver easy doing stuff at night, in the cold!

Rich

ps - mine will be with me in january as they are out of stock. Seems lie a good business/ebayer.

Rich

[ QUOTE ]
Get some connectors, wire, solder/iron and some heatshrnk and then attempt it...in the daylight. Its enver easy doing stuff at night, in the cold!

[/ QUOTE ]

Exactly nothing is easy at night.

Hmm. Seems like a plan to leave it till Sunday then.

Need some new connectors too, bet Audi have to order then in. Can I just jump onto ETKA and get the part numbers from any 2001 A3?

[ QUOTE ]
Hmm. Seems like a plan to leave it till Sunday then.

Need some new connectors too, bet Audi have to order then in. Can I just jump onto ETKA and get the part numbers from any 2001 A3?

[/ QUOTE ]

Yes I would go for a 2002 car just to be on the safe side though. As I am not sure what date the facelift took place in 2001.

o i like this thread, mite have to invest in some, i wonder if they do fog lights to

Aargh, have you seen the ETKA wiring harness diagrams!!

Anyone got a part number before I have to phone up and get Audi to tell me the part numbers therefore running the risk I get the wrong parts?

Are the new plugs and pins available from audi directly then?

Mark, the pics looks good, its amazing how much of a difference they make to the front end. Cant wait to sort myself some out.

Which models if any came with the one piece lights without the lines in them then?

Yes you can order most electrical connectors separately.

As far as I can tell the part number for the 4 pin item is 1J0 973 724. They are about £3-4 each. You then need to ask for some wires with terminals on the end. These just clip into the connector. They should have them in stock. You should only need two of those per side as they have a terminal on each end and you cut it in the middle to make two.

Just ordered from Audi, they all had to be ordered from the Factory.

£4 for each connector (x4)

and £1 for each terminal pin lead (x6 as they are double ended)

So, costs slowly mounting up!!!

Ah its pennies! Just think how much it would cost to buy the headlights from dealer! /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/blush.gif

[ QUOTE ]
Ah its pennies! Just think how much it would cost to buy the headlights from dealer! /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/blush.gif

[/ QUOTE ]

Exactly!

I think it's something daft like £250 per light /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/crazy.gif

I got mine for £110 off a crashed car. So I can't complain /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/wink.gif

I priced some up at £150 each the other day from me local VW dealer!

Might have to double check that with them, maybe a bit of a bargain!!

Unless of course they got the wrong part numbers.

LOL, you got me looking into this and I don't even want facelift headlights!! /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/lol.gif