Headlight Protectors

JohnboyC

Reaction score
Hi - does anyone out there have Audi Headlight protectors on their B6 ?

I do a reasonable amount of motorway driving and would hate to see a stone go thru one of my xenon headlights.......

Are they any good ? Do they come off easily making them a target for the light fingered fraternity ?

If you have any pictures of them fitted that would be great !

Cheers

Hi, I have them on my B6 cabriolet. I have to say that all my cars have had them fitted. I wouldn't be without them, especially my cabriolet which has xenon headlamps.
Some people are funny about having headlamp protectors due to the way they look, but they obviously haven't had to replace a headlamp, especially a xenon one.

I managed to pick mine up from a dealer on Ebay who had some over stocks of the cabriolet ones, I think I paid £20 delivered and they are 'genuine' Audi ones. I think they are only about £30 from a dealer anyway.

On the cabriolet they wedge fit under the headlamp and have a small bracket on the top of the headlamp which clips on and then a small screw holds the top of the protector to the headlamp.

I'm sure they probably fit the same for the saloon / avant variants.

You can just see the screw in the picture, I've circled it so you can see it.

Hope this helps

Andy

protectors.jpg

I had some on my old leon and now on my b7, they are worth every penny i had motorway debris hit my car following an accident on the motorway, smashed the protector and saved the head light

Hi - does anyone out there have Audi Headlight protectors on their B6 ?

I do a reasonable amount of motorway driving and would hate to see a stone go thru one of my xenon headlights.......

Are they any good ? Do they come off easily making them a target for the light fingered fraternity ?

If you have any pictures of them fitted that would be great !

Cheers

I've got them; they're easy to fit, look good and are also easy to remove for cleaning. However, you need to lift the bonnet to remove them, otherwise they break. So I don't think you need worry about unauthorised removal. The fitting is slightly different from the Cabriolet's. The top edge of the protector has a rectangular slot that hooks over a slim bracket on the top of the headlight assembly; very discreet, as it's covered by the bonnet lip.

Here are some pics:

DSCF0273.jpg

DSCF0272.jpg

Here are some more pics - close-ups this time, showing how the retaining hook for the protector sits under the rubber seal on the top of the headlight assembly.

P1000122.jpg

P1000121.jpg

P1000120.jpg

The hook is the same as the cabriolet except I have a little fixing screw to hold it on

Well, Audi Main Dealers want £41 for the OEM product......anywhere I can get them cheaper ?

I assume they are easily removed for cleaning......

Well, Audi Main Dealers want £41 for the OEM product......anywhere I can get them cheaper ?

I assume they are easily removed for cleaning......

That's the going rate, I'm afraid. Don't be a cheapskate, get them OEM, they are worth it. Dead easy to remove for cleaning. Lift the bonnet, easy the bottom edge of the protector out from between the bumper and headlight, and unhook from the clip.

Re-fitting is the reverse, as Haynes might say.

Oh, I will still get the OEM ones, but you have to ask the Audi B6 forum folk if there is a bargain out there :)