headlight question

SlapNutz

Reaction score
Hi gentlemen

So I noticed that the day time running lights on my Audi are not a smooth straight line but instead led blobs while some I see in the same age and range have a smooth line I will give examples below. none of these are my vehicles, just examples, my lights look more closer to the top picture.

2017 audi a7

compared to the smooth ones

2014 475957 2015 audi s7 sportback facelift1

What's the reason for this, is this a different spec headlight or is it just for image purposes?

what's your like?

Regards
Slapz

Attachments

• 2017-audi-a7.jpg
    2017-audi-a7.jpg
    490.4 KB · Views: 88
I assume one is matrix the other is LED, not sure which is which...

Sent from my Pixel 4 using Tapatalk

I have matrix, and have smooth DRLs.

It could also be how bright the DRLs are (they dim down some when headlights are on)

John.

I have matrix, and have smooth DRLs.

It could also be how bright the DRLs are (they dim down some when headlights are on)

John.
I think I was having a duh moment.
It’s the angle that you look at them.
2210D318 E2FB 4C9A 9BF6 2374CE5C64F5

DDA77709 950B 42C5 8312 29D9EB53D900

these are mine from side view and head on so all is good. Is there a way to increase the brightness?

regards
Slapz

I believe there is a process to adjust the DRL brightness within VCDS, but I've never felt the need to adjust.

Have a look here

Is there anyone in or around the London area who could do some vag magic for me and do some adjustments with leds as well as sweeping dials and all the other goodies for me that can be done with vag at a reasonable cost get in touch.

Regards
Slapz

ive got the first gen a7 with older style bi-xenon lights , i turned my front drl to 100% as i think default was at 60% and mines is more similar to a jag front lights ( look more of a solid bar ) if you know what i mean.
im sure it was adaptation through central electrics and i could see the change in realtime using my phone and left it at 100% .

if i get the chance ill see what the sketch is and post some pics later

Reactions: SlapNutz
ive got the first gen a7 with older style bi-xenon lights , i turned my front drl to 100% as i think default was at 60% and mines is more similar to a jag front lights ( look more of a solid bar ) if you know what i mean.
im sure it was adaptation through central electrics and i could see the change in realtime using my phone and left it at 100% .

if i get the chance ill see what the sketch is and post some pics later
Thank you robster, I believe you are correct as I saw a few vids of it being done, just need to find someone who can do that and a few other goodies that can be done at a reasonable price.

Regards
Slapz

i went out for a gander and for the life of me cant find that adjustment i have already made .
i dont know if something changed in my coding from doing rear light dynamic retrofit and scandinavian drl ?

it should have been central electrics adaptation channel3
but now i have that as turn signal dimming under that channel

i may in future back track the coding to see if i can get that setting temporarily back

one thing i did see ( and enable )
was turn off drl through mmi
handy for stakeouts and stalkers i suppose lol

Attachments

• drl mmi.jpg
    drl mmi.jpg
    205 KB · Views: 73
  • drl obd.png
    drl obd.png
    265.9 KB · Views: 76
  • drl off.jpg
    drl off.jpg