Headlight Range Control

Gts2811

2.0tdi S-line Quattro
Reaction score
So got the dreaded headlight range control light on the dash, plugged into a friend's Vcds says it's the module -part no. 8p0907357f.

I've done umpteen Google searches, but I still can't find where this part is located. I seen behind glove box, behind cluster, in the boot.

Can anyone point me to where this little box of tricks would be hiding in my car.

A3 Sportback 2007 2.0tdi Quattro.

Regards

Is it not just done by the actual light switch module? The range control wheel is to the left, next to illumination control wheel. Worth a shot, a switch is around £15 from eBay. Stick to the exact same one though to prevent coding issues. If that wheel gives an implausible signal, the ECU won't know what level to apply to the headlight motors. You may be over thinking this mate.

It's the xenon lights I have, they still rise up automatically when the lights are turned.
I've looked at the sensor arms at both wheels and they seem fine.
The vcds pointed to the module giving the part number

Aye sorry I was way off, realised you had xenons later then like you, couldn't find a single link to the location of the ECU but it has 2 lugs which suggest it's on the inner wing type area

Attachments

• Screenshot_20190224-113849.jpg
    Screenshot_20190224-113849.jpg
    544.5 KB · Views: 96
Nice one Chic, youch it looks like a pig to reach...up the back of the glove box I guess?

Thank you very much gents.
Free day I have the glove box out and have a goosy.

As Chic says......Mon the hoops