Headlight washer issues

Radford212

Reaction score
I noticed that when my lights are on and I wash the windscreen my headlight washers don't retract sometimes. It seems to be an intermittent fault though.

Was just wondering if anyone else has had this issue before or am I just unlucky with mine?

Thoughts please?

Radord212

Radford wouldn't this be a dealer warranty issue having just picked her up?

Yeah I've got it booked in for Friday to get it fixed, they were really apologetic about it, they said once they've fixed it they're going to give it another full health check and if anything else isn't deemed right they'll fix that too. It is all under warranty as you said which is nice so I haven't got to worry about it.

I was just wondering if anyone else had the same problem or if it was just a one off that's all

Glad to hear they are sorting out what would be an annoying issue. Not sure if this happens often mate.

It's an odd one too because its intermittent in the fact that sometimes both of them don't retract or sometimes one does and the other doesn't..

I has this problem on mine too, its the plastic block (on the back of the washer jet flaps) that snags the washer jets. Its an easy fix, I filed down the plastic blocks on both sides. Works perfectly now.

Reactions: scotty76 and ruairi83
All sorted now under manufactures warranty, apparently it is a known fault and Audi have released a fix to all main dealers about this issue.

I also have this problem from time to time. I have a 2009 B8 Avant.
Each time it happens I just pull down on the plastic hinged covers and the jets just pop back in.

This is weird, this issue has been complained about since the B5 days, sounds like same fix,"file a bit of plastic off"?

That's effectively what they did to mine when I took it back. Took me longer to get to the dealer and back than the actual time it took to solve the problem..