Headlight washers not working

Biglockie

Aye you know it makes sense
Reaction score
As most of you know I've got an S4 front bumper, the headlight washers have suddenly stopped working, are they electrically operated or do they work on pressure from the pump??

does any one know where the pump is??

cheers
lockie

pump. think it is part of the washer bottle.
doesn't it work every third or fourth time you wash the windows? could be a relay

Na its completely stopped working, I'll check the relay, any idea which number it is?

The pumps are prone to cracking, but you'd still hear it whirring and your fluid level would drop. If it's just stopped, check the fuse for it.

They work off water pressure. Does it make whirring sound as if it is trying to pump? The pump in the washer bottle blocks easily but they are cheap to buy just hard to fit. At least that was the case in the S3.

you did have the headlights on?

other than that are you using plenty of all-season screenwash? could be that the system has frozen since the washers are right in the cold airstream at this time of year

Yeah the lights we're on and couldnt hear the pump running, I always use plenty of screen wash I'll check the fuse tonight and trace out the relay.

cheers lads

Lockie

hi its the top pump on the side of the washer bottle , pull the conector and check for power , i have just had to re route mine as i had the arch liner out and somehow burned through the cables lol also you have to pull the washer switch for about 2 seconds before the washers activate too