Headlights.

Dr_Rick

Reaction score
Ok everyone, be nice.

I have a 59/2009 S3 Sport acknowledge and the DRL strip on the drivers / offside is starting to play up and throw a bulb error.

I'm going to work on the premise that it's not fixable and that a replacement headlight unit is needed.

I think I've got xenon as there are silver ballast boxes under each lamp unit. I presume I don't have bi-xenon, but please clarify my assumptions.

I've checked with TPS who have quoted £394+VAT. While that is what it is, I have a couple of questions:

1) Am I right that I need a new headlight?
2) Is it basic xenon?
3) Is there a sensible alternative to TPS?

Thanks in advance.

Rick

Sent from my ONEPLUS A5010 using Tapatalk

Either you have bixenon or bixenon adaptive, denoted by part number & the headlight side colour.

Ping up a pic then can advise.

New headlight if drl strip has gone, its a known fault unfortunately.

Reactions: KKOG
Thanks for the pointer.

I'll go check in a minute.

I'm 80-90% certain I don't have anything adaptive. That being said, I didn't think I had bi-xenon so it's entirely possible I'm completely wrong.

Sent from my ONEPLUS A5010 using Tapatalk

New headlight muwt be setup diagnostically. Whereabouts are you located?

No problem. I'm sure I can find someone up here to do it. I do have a friend that has a VCDS setup. Just need to find the codes to get it all plugged in if that's what I need to do.

Offside Headlight Sticker

This is the sticker on the offending headlight. Which is the part number? I've tried a couple of combinations of what I can see there in TPS and don't get any results.