Headrests

Madrab

Reaction score
Hi Folks,

Looking for a bit of advice, I have a 2014 B8 Avant quattro with the S-Line interior. When I obtained the car, it was minus the the 2 outer rear headrests. I have found a full set of rear headrests but they're from a 08-12 B8 saloon.

Does anyone know of or have access to Audi's part numbers or if anyone actually knows if they will fit the slots in my seats or not? I think they might as a lot of the rear seats are eaxactly the same fitment but I don't want to spend the money and find they dont. I'm not too fussed if they're not exactly correct as what would be stock but if they're close then that would be great until I can get the right ones.

Thanks in advance for any thoughts

Rob

I can't say for sure but I would have thought that the b8 version would fit fine in a b8.5
Interior stayed the same just had the facelift light's e.t.c.

Reactions: Madrab
I can't say for sure but I would have thought that the b8 version would fit fine in a b8.5
Interior stayed the same just had the facelift light's e.t.c.
Yes, my thoughts exactly, that and it would be pointless to make many different variations of seat and headrests, it would increase manufacturing costs significantly, so it makes sense to keep them the same or very similar across the range I would have thought. The trouble is I have the S-Line half leather and the ones I'm getting are from the rear seat from a full leather saloon interior. That being said I have a pair of 2005 passat material headrests in there just now just to fill the gaps and they fit fine :whistle2::tonguewink:
As long as they fit in the original locating holes, then they should be fine with the profile, I just can't find S-Line specifc ones for an avant anywhere, they all come with the seats and of course they won't break them.

Cheers
Rob

From what I can see the main part numbers are the same for both 2008 and 2014 with the only differences being the letters at the end to designate material and colour:

Rear Left/Right: 8K0 885 973
Rear Centre 8K0 885 975

Here's some links if it helps:

2008 Diagram and Part Numbers
2014 Diagram and Part Numbers

And if you want to explore the rest of your car for part numbers: Link

Thanks to Sandra for telling me about this site last year, it's been a godsend!

Reactions: Madrab