Heads-up display specs from factory vs retrofit.

shadowzz

Reaction score
I've order my S3 with a option that implies that the car is "heads-up display" ready, but no actual heads up. Basically i've given myself the option to install it via dealer at a later moment.
I've found the code for the kit on audi shop but i deduced from the description that this heads up display projects the information on a OLED screen rather than on the windshield.
My question is if its the same on a car with this option fitted from factory.
Thanks

I've order my S3 with a option that implies that the car is "heads-up display" ready, but no actual heads up. Basically i've given myself the option to install it via dealer at a later moment.
I've found the code for the kit on audi shop but i deduced from the description that this heads up display projects the information on a OLED screen rather than on the windshield.
My question is if its the same on a car with this option fitted from factory.
Thanks
Audi offers two different systems. In higher model series inc S3, the image is projected onto the windshield. via a TFT monitor with white LED backlighting.

In the Audi Q2 the head-up display projects the graphics and numbers onto a separate glass panel. When the system is started, an electric actuator extends a panel upward from the instrument panel behind the instrument cluster.

from your description it sounds the kit is the latter- what option have you ordered for it to be hud ready?

Hey.
So the option in the configurator is :

KS4 Head-up Display Ready

and the part number of the actual oem retrofit kit that the dealer quoted in the invoice is :

8Y1051604

My questions are more along the lines of "performance" in terms of image quality , color and information displayed onto both of these models.
I've seen the one projected on the windscreen and if its not like that i don't think i will bother retrofitting it, further if I'd have known I wouldn't have even bothered with any kind of "heads-up ready" thing.

Last edited: