Heated seat retrofit?

P77HLP

Reaction score
As above has anyone retrofitted heated seats? where do the pads sit? I understand, I'm in need of a climate control unit with the controls and also, retrofit looms, there's a kit on eBay for about £100 for the pads, just wondering where abouts inside the seat they sit?

Cheers

Phil

Hi Phil

i am going to do this retrofit , i have all the parts got the seat ellements of ebay, double din climate control ebay, and the wiring harness from kuftec.

cheers
gary

Hi Phil

i am going to do this retrofit , i have all the parts got the seat ellements of ebay, double din climate control ebay, and the wiring harness from kuftec.

cheers
gary

Gary,

Keep this thread updated if you can, with pics preferably as i'm looking to do this soon.

Have you got any DIY threads??

Yes Gary! keep me updated! really want this done, keep me updated, pics of seats apart and climate control out! what year is your a3? what seat pads did you get off eBay?

Cheers

Phil

Requires stripping the seats down, pads sit basically where the seat cover are through the middle, if you look at the pads its kinda obvious, just remember to connect up proper gauge wiring as they need a fair bit of current, dont want some wires overheating & causing a fire huh.