Heated seats retrofit

robtaylors

Reaction score
Good morning all, I haven’t posted in here for a very long time having been in a couple of bmw’s And a Mercedes, but now back in my 6th A4 and enjoying every minute of it.

I recently bought a B8 black edition and after looking for what seemed an eternity for the right one found a low mileage 170ps in ibis white with satnav and the all important alcantara seats, however top of my list was heated seats which I couldn’t find decent one with, my question is how much hassle is it to retrofit heated seats, do all the seats have the heating element in them and is it a case of getting a wiring loom / replacing the heating / climate control unit and programming / coding, has anyone done this who can advise or is it not worth the hassle ? I’d really like to get this done

Thanks guys

Rob

No heat element present. Need to retrofit it.

A3 8V Facelift Limousine

I have had Alcantara on two cars now and not had winter pack, that seat covering seems to be okay in winter, my wife has had winter pack on her last two cars, and they have simple fabric covering, she likes it, I just get concerned when I feel the heat coming through - have I just ----- ?

I would have thought that one of the aftermarket suppliers of kits would have a complete to do this, but so far I've only checked Kufatec and they supply a harness to connect to the seats - meaning you either need to buy a couple of used seats with heating fitted, or fit heat pads etc to your seats. One other thing, unless your car has the highline BCM getting a new one according to Kufatec could cost over £300 - then probably a new A/C control panel that includes switches plus plus.
I'm not knocking retro fitting, I've spent a bit adding front parking sensors as per factory would have, then updating a Concert 3 radio for one with DAB.

Thanks for replies, sounds like the cost will be horrendous not sure it’s worth while

I have done this exact thing retro fit for heated seats while it's not cheap, it's not exorbitant, especially if you sell your own.

However my motivation was to replace the manual adjustment seats with electric adjustment. It so happened that the new seats were full leather and heated, the donor car was an S4. Prob cost me ~£1300 to buy and fit and i sold the old ones for £330, so around £1000 net cost.

To be honest, i'm super happy that i did it. Check out eBay for heated seats:

ttps://www.ebay.co.uk/sch/i.html?_odkw=a4+seats&_osacat=0&_from=R40&_trksid=p2045573.m570.l1313.TR2.TRC0.A0.H0.Xa4+seats+heated.TRS0&_nkw=a4+seats+heated&_sacat=0