Heater Control Panel not illuminating

kcpism

Reaction score
As per the title, my A3 heater panel isn’t illuminating which is a bit of a pita especially as it’s dark at around 4:30 these days...I had a similar problem on my mk4 Golf which was a simple fix of pulling out the center fan control and switching out the little bulb but I can’t seem to pull the knob out on the A3 or do I just need to pull harder?!

Any other suggestions?

Have you checked the easy stuff first?
Fuses and made sure the little dimmer switch by the headlights switch hasn't been knocked to it's lowest setting?

Reactions: ch1z64
Have you checked the easy stuff first?
Fuses and made sure the little dimmer switch by the headlights switch hasn't been knocked to it's lowest setting?

Defo not dimmer switch and I pulled all fuses inc under bonnet this morning to double check. I can’t find anything about this online so I must be really unlucky. Is the ashtray below it also meant to illuminate as that may be an alternative search?

Is it turned on?

So....I'm an idiot! :whistle2:

I thought that DRL would illuminate the interior lights - quick flick of the switch and voila - I have an illuminated HCU and ashtray (soon to be a coin tray). Thanks for the replies, a classic case of overthinking!

Reactions: Daveyonthemove