Heater flap motors - where to buy

I too need the drivers side temperature servo. I need the yellow arm as well as this had broken off in the servo.

Part number 8E2820 511 if anyone has one up for grabs?

Try eBay,
I bought an A4 and the next morning discovered the windscreen fan wasn't working! eep!
£20 for new motor on the bay! Free postage too :-D

My yellow arm has snapped off, so have to find the specific one and can't see any on there at the minute.

Hi guys,

Need to replace a faulty heater flap motor, have cleaned all connections/linkages, stripped it down and re-lubed it, but still no joy...

Stealer wants nearly £90 + VAT, ****** hell.....

Was wondering where else to get one, wary of a breakers as no guarantee it will work, anyone know if the Seat Exeo uses the same system as it may be cheaper from them......

Or anywhere else that stocks them, Euro and GSF don't.....

Cheers

Steve

Just repaired my A4 b7 cab after getting cold feet. basically no air to the footwell vents so took off glove box and you look at the image posted earlier:
P1030651.jpg

I ran all the different vent positions and it was the highest motor with the black linkage that wasn't moving.
From what I can gather, the motor with the green linkage controls the trim on the upper vents, the motor with the red linkage controls the dual bit (ie varies the air temp between passanger and drivers side) and the black linkage controls the footwell vents.
It was very easy to strip down and take apart ( everything just clips in place or together). I think the sprocket and the gear worm had become jammed a little originally as once I took the motor out it was difficult to turn which is why it wasn't working
Popped all the gears out, cleaned it all up, re-greased it all and put back together and did this:

then tested with a 9V battery making sure it worked in both direction fully, re-installed and bingo, jobs a good-un!

I have just replaced the Green flap actuator motor on my A4 (with a used one from ebay) but this
one only works intermittently too on demist, have I just been unlucky with another
faulty motor or is there another fault does anyone know?

They do all have different part numbers... well, the letters are different at the end, but that can make all the difference, e.g. Headlight switch with A at the end = standard headlight switch, same part number with B at the end = Auto headlights switch. ANyway, here's the part numbers with colours... (taken from vagcat.com which is an online ETKA)

Control motor for temperature regulating flap right rhd yellow V 158 – 8E2 820 511
Control motor for temperature regulating flap left rhd brown V 159 - 8E2 820 511 A
Positioning motor for defroster flap rhd green V 107 - 8E2 820 511 B
Actuator motor, footwell flap / foot well flap rhd black V 70 - 8E2 820 511 C
Positioning motor for recirculated air operation rhd blue V 113 - 8E2 820 511 D

Hope this helps!
Hi Mate, sorry to revive this thread but I’m a little confused, you’ve stated above that V158 is the temp flap right RHD, but the error code i got from VCDS is showing V158 as the left temp flap? So would this be motor be found under the glove box? Thank You

01809 - Actuating Motor for Temperature Flap; Left (V158)

002 - Lower Limit Exceeded - Intermittent

To be honest with you i very rarely use the heaters due to the annoying clicking noise, so I’m not 100% sure but I do remember last winter the Mrs complaining because driver side was blowing hot air but her side was blowing ice cold so I’m assuming it is the passenger side, and this is what VCDS is telling me! BUT it’s telling me left is V158 but the write up above is telling me V159, according to the forums V158 is located on the drivers side. I’m confused

I would go with what you know then and look at the left side. Take the glovebox off and have a look at them. Move the adjusters and see what starts moving. When mine played up I have them a tap with a wrench and they’ve worked ever since. If they start again I’ll open them and spray some grease in the mechanism.

Thats perfect, I’ll give it a go next weekend and post an update!