Heater problem HELP!!

Rossg93

Reaction score
Recently the drivers side air vents only blow cold no matter what the temperature on the display is set to, passenger side works as it should... So I looked online and there wasn't much help but I came to the conclusion it was a 'flap motor' so I took it off and operated the lever with my hand and it changed between hot and cold when manually operated so I thought it must of been a broken motor, I ordered a second hand one from eBay and put it on today and it's exactly the same doesn't seem to control the heat or move as it should, any ideas anyone?

Also scanned the car and this is what it came up with on the image.. Any help?

You must do a basic reset of the heater system when changing motors or even if a faults apparent to see if it's just this required to resolve.

How do I go about doing that? I have a snap on ethos and never done anything like that before?

A mate has exactly the same issue. Can someone post links to how to get to the drivers side motor and also what needs to be done in VAGCOM as I will be resetting it!?

TIA.

To get to the drivers side motor you need to take off most of the plastic from under the steering wheel and on the side next to the radio then you should be able to see the motor. It's a bit fiddly to take off / change, I've changed mine but yet to reset it with the computer/ find out how to reset it with the computer? But apparently once changed they need reset to a basic heater setting?

Reactions: JamesS4cab
I have VCDS so the reset isn't an issue. I just wanted to know what I was aiming for when I started stripping the dash trim!

I don't have VCDS, however my friend does have a better snap on computer than I have but haven't yet tried to see if that can do the reset which is my problem ATM. As far as taking the plastics off, the main plastic under the steering wheel needs to come off and work from there until you can see the motor well enough, there are 3 bolts holiding the motor in. Not that big of a job if you have a few tools and a bit of time.