Heating element rear quarter glass?

Buxton2901

Reaction score
Hi guys, I thought I noticed a crack in the rear quarter glass but it seems that it is a heating element. It's a diagonal line. Very strange that's its only on the drivers side. Does everyone bhave this ?

Sent from my SM-G980F using Tapatalk

I'll take a picture of it in the light tomorrow. Its very strange.

If it is on the drivers side then I believe it is the DAB radio antenna, used to be on the passenger side on the C7

Reactions: RAF_S7
Thanks for the info. Strange place to put it imo.
My c7 had privacy glass so never noticed it

Antenna, if its vertical its dab, all dab antennas are mounted vertical & its hairline thin, does it have 2 parts, a long & short, if so, its dab & thats how they do numerous chassis in rear windows.

Nah this is diagonal. I'll take a picture

Highly likely its an antenna, etka would state a pr code for varied glass for that area & would denote the type.

Unless audi have added some minor heating element to the rear aide, can't see the benefit tbh unless it has sensor or camera systems in that area, but you never know.

Very difficult to photograph but I've tried lol
51ebe67201c7431a398ce915e28afc2d.jpg
21926e68dea3824959745a095aa33708.jpg
fc16f44f9fb5b6cad1fa58540abc0ea2.jpg

Ahhh it could be the glass breakage sensor also, my head is filled with so much car stuff I forget some lol

Reactions: Buxton2901
Ahhh it could be the glass breakage sensor also, my head is filled with so much car stuff I forget some lol
Not sure on that as it is only the driver's side. Think it is an antenna of some sort

If I remember, I'll check etka, its probably antenna or sensor of a kind.

On my old A6 the diagonal antenna was for the TV tuner, maybe it’s the DTV antenna….l

Reactions: NHN
I have the same. I can only think that it’s some form of antenna that’s fitted as standard across the range for an additional feature.

i can only see it from the inside hence why I haven’t noticed it.

Yeah I only noticed the first time I sat in the back. I was gutted thinking the glass had cracked

It's on the rear quarter glass mate. Like c Pillar back over

Yes mate. Can only see from the inside really and it'll be less visible on yours with tinted glass.

Also go do I get TV in my car? Didn't even know this was a thing.

Reactions: psychopomp1
Ah yes, its also visible from the inside of my car - almost impossible to see from outside due to tint:

Yes mate. Can only see from the inside really and it'll be less visible on yours with tinted glass.

Also go do I get TV in my car? Didn't even know this was a thing.

It is an option in some markets (Audi offer it in Germany for instance) but I suspect based on very low uptake on previous iterationso fthe A6 in the UK, Audi here decided not to offer it

It is an option in some markets (Audi offer it in Germany for instance) but I suspect based on very low uptake on previous iterationso fthe A6 in the UK, Audi here decided not to offer it

It was an optional extra when I ordered the car in June 2019 if I recall correctly.

They must have a boat load of glass left to still be fitting them then.