Hello BMW...

GlasgowRangers

Reaction score
...and goodbye Audi from me. Have just crossed over to the dark side and bought a brand new 2010 320d E90 M Sport with steptronic. All the trimmings including some nice 19'' CSL reps obtained today. I was about to buy an S3 but the Beemer made much more sense given the price of petrol in this country and the amount of miles I do. Have booked it in for a remap. The cabin is just lush and really nice to sit in. Loving the whole rear wheel drive thing as well. A lovely car.

I want to thank everybody on this forum for being such a big help at times. This site is an INVALUABLE sourse of information. I will pop in from time to time. But for now I am buggering off to E90 Post.

CHEERS ALL.

Too bad its a 320d, slow as hell, just makes driving a BMW pointless, but a 335i makes all the sense in the world. a 320d is nowhere near a replacemant for the S3, but a 335i is... dont think a remap would make it much better. But anyway congradulations...and enjoy the landscape... :)

Too bad its a 320d, slow as hell, just makes driving a BMW pointless

Slow compared to what? An S3 perhaps, but compared to an equivalent 2.0 diesel, not at all. Pointless Beemer? Is every car model apart from the top of the range pointless? - It's not about how fast you go, it's about how you go fast...:p

bad time of year to get a rear wheel drive,
Ive just gone the other way 535 "m" sport to Audi 6 ,
Good luck with it.

This is the best time of the year to get a rear-wheel drive car :yes:

It snowed hard today - on the way home there was a 'place', say 300 by 100 yards of uninterrupted tarmac :shrug:

I was there nearly 2 hours and I'm still grinning my willy off :blush:

Winter + RWD = completely doable. I have got winter tyres though, and they work :thumbsup:

lol yea Ive got winter tyres on my transit and they work .

Hope you enjoy the beemer
glad your going :) celtic fan here

Too bad its a 320d, slow as hell, just makes driving a BMW pointless, but a 335i makes all the sense in the world. a 320d is nowhere near a replacemant for the S3, but a 335i is... dont think a remap would make it much better. But anyway congradulations...and enjoy the landscape... :)

I disagree. The latest 320d engine isn't bad at all. With a remap it'll see well over 200bhp. Yes it won't be S3 quick but I'd take a well spec'd E90 over a diesel A3.

The alpina D3 is over 200bhp as standard, the most powerful production 2.0 diesel.
Good luck with your 3!

good luck mate, will have to get pics up when u get a chance

I have always had BMW's (from 3 series to 5) in the last ten years and loved everyone of them! I changed to Audi and got an A5 last year as I was disappointed with the new 3 series model. The basic spec on Audi's blows BMW specs out of the water and with the A5 being compared to the 3 series, I thought it was in my opinion a car far better looking in my eyes. I must admit, I was torn as my last BMW was a 320 CD M Sport in Techno Violet 05 plate which was an absolute head turner.

You never know, I may revert back, Never say Never!!!