Hello from a newbie (soon to be A6 owner)

Just wanted to say hi to everyone.

Going to be getting a A6 soon and as this is my first Audi (after owning many VW's) /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/smile.gif

I'll probably be around asking dumb questions for a bit so please put up with me /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/crazy.gif

Looking at a '99 A6 1.8t tomorrow, any opinions on these and any advice.

Cheers,

Poo.

is it quattro? If not handlings a bit of a shocker,

had one of these a couple years back, good runner in town but it does struggle to hold its weight with the 1.8 engine, i had to keep nudging the turbo to help me maintain speeds, bit annoying, mine was an ex-company car and the turbo died after 10kmiles i owned it about 70k mark, also cambelt had to be done, pretty expensive marker that be ware,
got about 30mpg out of it everywhere

other than that welcome /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/smile.gif

Its not a quattro.

Its had all top end rebuild & belts 2k ago (receipts to prove) plus full main dealer history.

1 owner from new.

Body wise it is mint, got 17"RS4 alloys, car is silver (if that makes a difference?)

Would have preferred a TDi but prices are really stoopid for quite rough cars.

The 1.8t is a very good price compared to others locally and is in spot on condition.

Not too bothered about going fast, did all that when I was younger with quick VW's, (plus I've got my bug as a 1/4 mile toy! /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/grin.gif)

Just want something nice and comfy for me and the family!

Although saying that what upgrades do you suggest as I know I'll not resist tinkering! (chips, lowering etc!)

cool you chose the right car then!

sounds A1 then if its had all the topend and cambelt done, if they did turbo at same time thats good, treat it well or it'll make you pay /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/wink.gif

first thing is a chip from amd, apr, revo, should see you around 190hp,

lowering, with the weight of the car it'd be good to get matched shocks with springs

a6 is a great mile cruncher very comfortable you'll enjoy those long journeys that were just about bearable before

have fun!

test drove the car today and to say I was disappointed with it would be an understatement.
I was'nt expecting earth shattering performance but the engine seemed to really sttruggle to haul the car at all. Time to revise the budget and get me a TDi I think.

Also it didnt have the computer on the dash (same as VW mfa, dont know what Audi call it)
Is it only certain models that had this??

poo.

If you have your heart set on an A6 then I would recommend an auto (TDi, 2.8Quattro), as it's a bit big to be playing with the gearlever everywhere you go, and a pain if you get stuck in traffic.