Hello from new owner

Sfelix

Reaction score
Hello everyone - bought an S1 a couple of months and although I like my modded golfs, this really surprised me as it's a really fun little audi! The mods are about to start and I wondered if anyone has advice on intercoolers as Ive read the S1 has a tiny one. With an uprated IC, revo OEM+ intake and turbo inlet, would I notice any difference or does it need a remap to reap any benefit? Just not sure whether to start with this or DP/cats? Cheers :thumbs up:

Reactions: Sandra
Morning, welcome to audi-sport.net. I’m sure one of the guys be along shortly to advise you. Enjoy the s1

For me, I went stage 1 APR with panel filter, GFB DVX and Racingline turbo elbow, hose and 7r PCV (the S1 wont fit when you upgrade pipe and elbow) and am now sitting at 336bhp (I also had set aside the cash for a Sachs Organic clutch - the OEM one lasted two weeks after the remap :) )

You will need a new IC for stage 2 but stage 1 is fine with OEM.

Reactions: NevMan
Great - thanks for the advice - appreciated. Settled on springs, OEM+ and elbow to start with and investigating maps . 336 from stage 1 is very impressive :icon thumright:

Reactions: NevMan
Went for Eibach over H&R as from previous experience, Eibach's are slightly softer although not quite as low. Still slightly concerned as the car is quite firm as standard. I can report my thoughts when done!

I went Eibach over HR for the same reason. Picking it up this morning, will let you know. Had the Milltek catback done at the same time. Until then I had stage 1 APR, Eventuri intake, 88mm silicon, Racingline 88mm elbow & turbo muffler delete. Waiting on Milltek downpipes (built to order from UK) then the stage 2 APR. Hoping I’ll be satisfied otherwise could be IS38 next!!!

1st impression excellent. Stance not as low as I’d like but ride is still compliant. You notice its firmer but you’re not hitting bump stops every pothole or speed bump. Milltek non-resonated catback is almost as quiet as stock, if I didn’t have the downpipe on order I would be very underwhelmed by the sound of Milltek with stock downpipes. It gets better when the system is hot, noticeable burble on overrun. Anyway hope the info is useful to someone.
802429F5 97A7 4AD6 997D D0D621000CDC

Reactions: IftiS1
Thanks - good result from the Eibach's then :icon thumright: Interesting about the Milltek non-res though - I'm sure you will hear the DP.

Thanks for the update - I'd heard the same about Milltek on a FB group I think, shame, on other cars I've owned they've been the system of choice.