Hello! New Audi A3 owner.

itissamuel

Reaction score
I am now the owner of my first A3 which I purchased in mid December, and I've found the forum very helpful in resolving a few minor issues so far with the car and I can tell many of the members on here are very knowledgeable.

My car is a 2009 Audi A3 1.9 TDIe Sport Sportback. My first car was an older 1.6 Golf so the A3 is a bit of an upgrade. Main reason for the TDIe was purely running costs, cheap tax, fuel, insurance, parking at work etc.
80000 miles which I was cautious is high but also aware that if looked after will go on for many more. Full Audi service history and I plan to treat it best I can.

The car is completely standard at the moment as i'm only 20, any performance upgrades would increase my insurance drastically. I hope to look more into that side in the future. In the mean time I think i'll look towards some interior upgrades.

Just a quick iPhone picture below. Looking a bit dirty after the snowy period.
I'm sure that I am allot like many forum members with a a bit of OCD about keeping it clean. Also been trying to learn about the detailing side of things to look after the paintwork as well.

Photo19-12-2012092909.jpg

I'm not a mechanic guru, but definitely a car lover and very willing to learn.
Thanks for reading :)

​Hi, welcome to audi-sport.net. Head over to the A3 8P section, read the faqs threads at the top of the page, lots of useful info in there. Enjoy the forum. :) x

Try searching for carbon wrapping for the interior. 3m di noc. It's really easy and gives a new fresh look to the interior. I often get comments on mine :)

Try searching for carbon wrapping for the interior. 3m di noc. It's really easy and gives a new fresh look to the interior. I often get comments on mine :)

Thanks for the pointer Gazzago, I will have a look into it. Do you have any pictures of yours?

Here's one of the drivers door trim. I used silver carbon fibre, most use normal dark. Mine was originally piano black and a bit scratched!

I did the centre around the gear stick too, will have to take a pic of that :)

Have a search in here you should fine plenty more pictures to inspire you.

Attachments

• ImageUploadedByTapatalk HD1360357099.698249.jpg
    ImageUploadedByTapatalk HD1360357099.698249.jpg
    94.3 KB · Views: 111
And here's one of the gear stick surround

Attachments

• ImageUploadedByTapatalk HD1360418850.431142.jpg
    ImageUploadedByTapatalk HD1360418850.431142.jpg
    90.4 KB · Views: 112
Thanks for those, definitely makes sense for the drivers door trim. Mine has a few scratches from which I presume are from the seatbelt being taken off and knocking into the door.